The Brexit Party thread. All brexit party discussion here please.

Message added by mort

A couple of points for you to take note of.

We expect it to remain civil and within our usual forum rules.

As this is about an election the following will apply

Here at SF we try to ensure fair play, and that includes during elections. We don't allow links direct to political party websites or to sites that spread spurious stories for political influence at any time, and that will continue. We also ask candidates and those campaigning for political parties to follow our code of conduct in the run up to elections. In order to not provide any influence unfairly to any side, we ask that those who are standing or who represent a party refrain from posting in threads to do with political discussion or elections during the 4 week run up to the vote.

It's  mandatory and your account will be suspended if you don't do it.

If you have any questions please take them to the helpdesk rather than starting threads attacking the forum team. If you do that then your account will be suspended. 

1 minute ago, JamesR123 said:

Please don't be so insulting as to suggest I am trolling.

You are right, it is homophobia, ingrained by centuries worth of tradition and culture.

Are you honestly saying that if there was a pill that could make him straight, that you would deny him the pill and say "sort your culture out mate"?

unless they find out what genes cause you to be gay then edit your DNA before you are concieved its not going to be science "curing" it

7 minutes ago, melthebell said:

unless they find out what genes cause you to be gay then edit your DNA before you are concieved its not going to be science "curing" it

The discussion whether it is feasible (homosexuality does indeed seem to have routes in both nature and nurture), but if it is homophobic to say that one day it might cure it.

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I think you are right.

Apart from a whole host of other stuff, the poster calling themselves JamesR123 has tonight claimed that Anne Widdecombe isn’t homophobic, Jeremy Corbyn is antisemitic and that he is not right wing.

Deffo a troll. 😱😵😂

That's pretty rude to be honest.

I haven't said Anne Widecombe isn't homophobic, just that one particular comment isn't homophobic.

Jeremy Corbyn has been accused by many people that know him better than you or I of being anti semitic  and has publicly linked himself with outwardly anti semitic groups. 

I am centre left, a lib dems voter.

4 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

The discussion whether it is feasible (homosexuality does indeed seem to have routes in both nature and nurture), but if it is homophobic to say that one day it might cure it.

That's pretty rude to be honest.

I haven't said Anne Widecombe isn't homophobic, just that one particular comment isn't homophobic.

Jeremy Corbyn has been accused by many people that know him better than you or I of being anti semitic  and has publicly linked himself with outwardly anti semitic groups. 

I am centre left, a lib dems voter.

To say cure it  or believe it can be cured is homophobic, it's saying its not normal or natural

Edited by melthebell

3 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

As I said before, who cares.

Like him or hate him, Corbyn has been a committed anti-racist campaigner since he joined the Labour Party at the age of 14. To call him an antisemite is ridiculous and just makes you look silly.

9 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As I said before, who cares.

Like him or hate him, Corbyn has been a committed anti-racist campaigner since he joined the Labour Party at the age of 14. To call him an antisemite is ridiculous and just makes you look silly.

So all the people who know him better than you are all silly? 

He has publicly allied himself with an anti semitic group.

Let's swap this round to see if you are consistent.

Say Boris Johnson becomes the leader of the Tory Party.  Multiple people within his party resign because they can't work with someone who is anti-black.

Then he refers to the KKK as his friends.  

Would you believe this is enough evidence to call him racist against black folk?

11 minutes ago, melthebell said:

To say cure it  or believe it can be cured is homophobic, it's saying its not normal or natural

No it doesn't at all.  Things can be both normal and natural and require a cure.

To some gay people, their sexuality is a problem.

5 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

So all the people who know him better than you are all silly? 

Almost all of the people who know him say the same as me, that he is a lifelong anti racist.

You are either a troll, very gullible  or you just don’t understand things.

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

Almost all of the people who know him say the same as me, that he is a lifelong anti racist.

You are either a troll, very gullible  or you just don’t understand things.

So I am gullible, all the people who know him better than you are gullible but you are smart.

You also keep ignoring the fact that he called an anti semitic group, one that has vowed to rid the world of Jews no less, his friends.

2 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Lol ok mate.  That's all you've got?  Let's agree to disagree.

There’s no disagreement to be had.

Jeremy Corbyn has been an anti-racist all of his life. Nobody has ever challenged that. Suddenly he becomes leader of the Labour Party and the establishment start to panic that he may end up as Prime Minister, so the Daily Mail, Zionist elements of the London Jewish community and the right of the Labour Party start to misrepresent anti-Zionism as anti-semitism and all of a sudden, a whole bunch of stupid people start to call Corbyn an antisemite.

As John Lydon said ‘Ever get the feeling you’ve been cheated?’