Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

9 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Theresa May led shambles has now ended. I should imagine the resident Tories have been too busy watching the action on television from Parliament and enjoyed seeing Jacob Rees-Mogg  and Boris tearing strips out of the opposition doom and gloomers  this morning.  

They probably have been too busy watching the action on television, and like you are chomping at the bit to regurgitate Johnson's rantings on here. 

Incidentally, I think your lord and master said 'doomsters and gloomsters'. Please listen to him more carefully 

19 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Theresa May led shambles has now ended. I should imagine the resident Tories have been too busy watching the action on television from Parliament and enjoyed seeing Jacob Rees-Mogg  and Boris tearing strips out of the opposition doom and gloomers  this morning.  

Did they?

All I saw was JRM, newly promoted Leader of the House, confirm that he would be the cabinet's mouthpice in the HOC (rather than do the job properly, and so do the exact reverse), self-appoint himself judge and jury over Cummins's contempt of Parliament, and dodge the HoC prorogation question rather inartfully.

So much for democratic Britain, "taking back control" and "sovereignty" indeed :roll:

28 minutes ago, Mister M said:

They probably have been too busy watching the action on television, and like you are chomping at the bit to regurgitate Johnson's rantings on here. 

Incidentally, I think your lord and master said 'doomsters and gloomsters'. Please listen to him more carefully 

That's hilarious.  I am not chomping at the bit and was only giving a reason why there was no input from Tory supporters.  Boris is not my lord and master or was he my favoured candidate to become our country's new Prime Minister.  However, after the first Tory ballot for the leader it was obvious Boris was going to be our new Prime Minister.  I am prepared to give Boris a chance and support him in his efforts to implement the result of the 2016 democratic EU referendums.  Boris has made a good start in his new job.

I did hear correctly, but I prefer to use doom and gloomers and expect to plenty of negativity here from the Sheffield Forum's  doom and gloomers who have no respect for democracy.

27 minutes ago, L00b said:

Did they?

All I saw was JRM, newly promoted Leader of the House, confirm that he would be the cabinet's mouthpice in the HOC (rather than do the job properly, and so do the exact reverse), self-appoint himself judge and jury over Cummins's contempt of Parliament, and dodge the HoC prorogation question rather inartfully.

So much for democratic Britain, "taking back control" and "sovereignty" indeed :roll:

Today is day two of 'taking back control'  and 98 days before the democratic choice our people made on 23rd June 2016 is implemented.

1 hour ago, banjodeano said:

Its quite funny not to see any of our  resident tories on the forum trying to defend this shambles..

If they had took us into an illegal war and then sold of our gold reserves that really would be difficult to defend.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Can I copyright the phrase ‘Clown Car Cabinet’?

I suspect that you're talking about trademarking, rather than 'copyrighting'.

And no, you can't: the word mark is highly descriptive of the type of goods/services provided by the Johnson cabinet under the mark, so falls foul of statutory absolute grounds of rejection (:D).

Now, if you're thinking of applying that mark to mugs and t-shirts in a retail/novelty goods venture, however...then we should talk ;)

Edited by L00b

22 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

(...)

Today is day two of 'taking back control'  and 98 days before the democratic choice our people made on 23rd June 2016 is implemented.

Assuming for a bit that you're not working out of a Russian troll farm, but that you are merely a UK-based Leaver famously impervious to fact and logic, I live for the days beyond that implementation, to witness your gradual discomfiture as reality bites ever harder.

So implement away, my good man, and the harder the Brexit, the better :thumbsup:

14 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Re the new PM's first address to Parliament and Corbyn's subsequent reply. It looks like Corbyn is in for a torrid time, the PM tore him a new backside. Long may it last.

Angel1.

It may chivvy up the many many disgruntled backbench labour MPs to try and oust him out (again..).

I think Labour led by a centrist like Yvette Cooper would win a GE comfortably.. 

6 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

It may chivvy up the many many disgruntled backbench labour MPs to try and oust him out (again..).

I think Labour led by a centrist like Yvette Cooper would win a GE comfortably.. 

And achieve nothing......