Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

5 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Problem is, an awful lot of idiots did vote.

That's the problem with universal suffrage I'm afraid.

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

Yes, but without any context, that is just yet another meaningless statement.

The context was clear if you bothered to follow the conversation.  Very clear.

It did become confused because you deflected, asked a silly question and then set up a strawman.

However I would imagine that most people had no problem following the conversation. 

9 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

It did become confused because you deflected, asked a silly question and then set up a strawman.

Really? Saying that ‘we voted to leave’ is as meaningless as saying that ‘we voted to remain’.

25% of the population voted to leave. 37% of the electorate voted to leave and 52% of those who bothered to vote voted to leave.

You claimed that ‘we voted to leave’ when what is more accurate is to say ‘some people voted to leave’.

4 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Really? Saying that ‘we voted to leave’ is as meaningless as saying that ‘we voted to remain’.

25% of the population voted to leave. 37% of the electorate voted to leave and 52% of those who bothered to vote voted to leave.

You claimed that ‘we voted to leave’ when what is more accurate is to say ‘some people voted to leave’.

As I explained, the rules of the referendum were made clear before the outset.

Leave won.  The country voted (remember we don't have compulsory voting) and leave beat remain.  The fact you need this explaining to you is staggering. 

It is entirely accurate to say we voted to leave.

I am a remainer, and was gutted when we lost.

37 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So we didn't vote to join the EEC in the first place then... 

19 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

The silver lining to BJ being PM is that I’ll pay £3000 less tax every year. Oh well. 

Which makes me wonder where all the money is coming from for the stuff he's talking about doing? It's funny that when the left pledge to do things the media go mad as to were the money is coming from, de Pfeffel's spending plans don't raise an eyebrow.

Edited by Mister Gee

21 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

That's only 43% - so the majority of people didn't vote to join. 

I didn’t say that the majority did. That referendum was also non binding but because the ‘join’ vote was more than double the ‘don’t join’ vote, the Labour Government decided to implement the result.

In 2016 not only was there only 1% between the two options but within days, the polls were showing enough people to have changed their mind to have reversed the referendum result.