Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

Absolutely.

What those who say ‘why don’t Sinn Fèin just take their seats and change all the maths’ don’t seem to get is firstly, Sinn Fèin regard Westminster as a foreign Parliament that has no jurisdiction over their country so swearing an oath of allegiance to the Queen and sitting in that Parliament would be extremely bizarre.

Secondly, the Irish Republican movement has until the Belfast Agreement, always viewed Britain’s 800 year rule in Ireland as an illegal occupation of their land and therefore neither knows nor cares about what they see as an internal UK matter. As you say, Brexit, particularly a no deal Brexit, is going to push the North into a United Ireland importantly with the support of many middle class Unionists who would rather be part of a wealthy United Ireland within the EU than an outlying territory of a bankrupt UK outside the EU.

Personally I think that the move towards a united Ireland is now unstoppable regardless of how the pantomime which is Brexit turns out.

10 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

There is no answer to getting out of Brexit- no one has it.

If we are a democracy then let the people vote again or revoke article 50 as it seems the consequences of going through Brexit is going to be more damaging.

Have just heard Jacob Rees on radio and he is still endorsing Boris- thinks no one else has what he has!

Of course Jacob Rees-Mogg  is still supporting Boris because he is the only pro Brexit candidate out of two left in the leadership contest.  Jacob Rees- Mogg isn't allowed to substitute Boris and bring on Dominic Raab or Andrea Leadsom to replace Boris.

7 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

I thought we'd had a democratic vote in 2016. I voted to remain and has a person who excepted the result even though it was not the one I wanted. This is what democracy is.

As a fellow remain voter who respects democracy I am with you hobinfoot.  The majority of Sheffield Forum members who post on Brexit related threads are an embarrassment for our country's democracy.

Edited by Lockdoctor

7 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Of course Jacob Rees-Mogg  is still supporting Boris because he is the only pro Brexit candidate out of two left in the leadership contest.  Jacob Rees- Mogg isn't allowed to substitute Boris and bring on Dominic Raab or Andrea Leadsom to replace Boris.

Hunt is advocating Brexit - just not "no deal" if no agreement reached by 31 October.

Edited by Longcol

30 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

If you just think it's about being tory lesder and nobody else should care, then that's up to you.

I’m not saying that nobody else should care, what I am saying is that it is an internal Tory party matter that we have no say in.

If we don’t like the way he is doing things, a General Election is where we make our views known.

Just now, Lockdoctor said:

No deal objectors  are supporting  no Brexit  which is why Jacob Ress-Mogg will not support Jeremy Hunt.

Really?

All but a handful of Tory MP's will support no Brexit - many more want a properly negotiated deal for Brexit rather than crashing out with no deal.

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

Not been a Tory party member I don't have a vote; but I hope those that do take his absence at these events into account. 

For anyone in any doubt about how extreme the Conservative party membership have become, a poll on Channel Four has just revealed that 83% of party members would support Boris Johnson if he immediately cancelled all dealings with the EU and withdrew with no deal.

43 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Really?

All but a handful of Tory MP's will support no Brexit - many more want a properly negotiated deal for Brexit rather than crashing out with no deal.

The only way to get a good properly negotiated deal for Brexit is by being prepared to walk away without a deal.  The walking away option is standard negotiating practice for anyone thrashing out an agreement on any thing.

35 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

For anyone in any doubt about how extreme the Conservative party membership have become, a poll on Channel Four has just revealed that 83% of party members would support Boris Johnson if he immediately cancelled all dealings with the EU and withdrew with no deal.

Have a day off.  There is nothing extreme at all.  You are describing a scenario where the democratic 2016 EU referendum result is fully implemented.

1 minute ago, Lockdoctor said:

The only way to get a good properly negotiated deal for Brexit is by being prepared to walk away without a deal.  The walking away option is standard negotiating practice for anyone thrashing out an agreement on any thing.

That doesn't really work when both sides know the dire consequences of walking away