Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I just don't see why the race or age of Conservative party members has to be brought into it, as though white and/or older people shouldn't have a say.

I think the point is that more than just a minority of white and/or older people  who share views possibly at odds with the wider public should have a say. 

17 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Are these the same eggspurts who told us if we did not join the euro than disaster would beset us. That was a load of old balony then, don't you think.

Nonsense!

There was a wide range of opinions on the benefits or otherwise of joining the €urozone.

EVERYONE with any credibility thinks that leaving the EU will be damaging for the UK.

1 hour ago, andyofborg said:

I think the point is that more than just a minority of white and/or older people  who share views possibly at odds with the wider public should have a say. 

Maybe they should have referred to the relative size of the electorate compared with the population as a whole then, rather than focussing on their race and age.

5 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

How many people voted for Gordon Brown to become PM in 2007?

Personally I think a change of PM should trigger a general election automatically. I just don't see why the race or age of Conservative party members has to be brought into it, as though white and/or older people shouldn't have a say.

I’ve no problem - well, I have - with how our system of government operates. What’s good enough for Gordon brown is good enough for Boris Johnson, and at least there is an internal election which there wasn’t when May received here coronation. My problem with Boris is that he’s telling his members that he’s quite prepared to suspend parliament. Brown, to my knowledge, never threatened it and obviously never did it.

Presumably on the race thing, you’d be quite happy if 81000 young Muslim men voted in our next leader?

6 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No, the  "rise from the ashes" will be very real, the Phoenix is not. Try to be a little less pedantic, you will feel much calmer and happier.

Angel1.

How will we rise from the ashes?

22 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’ve no problem - well, I have - with how our system of government operates. What’s good enough for Gordon brown is good enough for Boris Johnson, and at least there is an internal election which there wasn’t when May received here coronation. My problem with Boris is that he’s telling his members that he’s quite prepared to suspend parliament. Brown, to my knowledge, never threatened it and obviously never did it.

Presumably on the race thing, you’d be quite happy if 81000 young Muslim men voted in our next leader?

How will we rise from the ashes?

On a sack cloth next Ash Wednesday?

5 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Well, there's a few things wrong with that. The first and most obvious thing is that Muslims are followers of a religion, and not a race of people. The second is that Muslims represent less than 5% of the UK population, whereas white people represent 87%. The third is that I've already said I think the change of PM should trigger an election, but if the Conservative party was made up of 100% Muslim members and they changed their leader in the current setup, then yes, I'd have to be happy with that.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Muslims are followers of a religion, and not a race of people.

The second is that Muslims represent less than 5% of the UK population, whereas white people represent 87%. 

You are one of my favourite right wing posters on here for lolz!

You start off by saying that Muslims are a religion not a race then make a direct comparison between Muslims and other non Muslims based on colour! 😂

9 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You are one of my favourite right wing posters on here for lolz!

You start off by saying that Muslims are a religion not a race then make a direct comparison between Muslims and other non Muslims based on colour! 😂

I'm guessing that 99% of Muslims  are black or brown, but racists think that the 1% gets them off the hook.

Edited by Ridgewalk