Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

13 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Johnson is seen as a rather foolish comedy figure by most in Brussels.

If he tries to give it ‘the big I am’ with the EU he is going to be laughed out of the park. All the new appointments are doing the rounds today saying that the withdrawal agreement is done and dusted and not up for renegotiation.

The likely next EC President Ursula von der Leyden, has described Brexit as a ‘burst bubble of hollow promises’, so she is not likely to be doing any Leaver PM any favours.

Revoking Article 50 now, would save us an awful lot of international humiliation.

Only in your remoaner dreams.

Angel1.

3 hours ago, taxman said:

Strange then that during his tenure as London Mayor he introduced a........sugar tax.

Which has really put the Sports Minister Mims Davies on the spot!

“Sports Minister on whether she backs keeping sugar tax”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48859791

By the way, looking at that interviews shows what an appallingly low standard of government minister we currently have which is a result of Theresa May thinking that she has to have an equal number of Leave and Remainers in her cabinet. Cabinet positions really should be made on merit rather than political allegiances. 😡 

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Max Hastings vs Boris Johnson: I know who I’d trust more
Max’s campaign against Boris is cowardly
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2019/06/max-hastings-vs-boris-johnson-i-know-who-id-trust-more/

Hmmm, Conrad Black... convicted fraudster stands up for unconvicted fraudster.

I'm not sure that has the same ring to it....

Black is angling for the "conduit to Trump" role for Johnson. :?

I know who'd I'd trust more as well!

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

By the way, looking at that interviews shows what an appallingly low standard of government minister we currently have which is a result of Theresa May thinking that she has to have an equal number of Leave and Remainers in her cabinet. Cabinet positions really should be made on merit rather than political allegiances. 😡 

That was a car crash.

4 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

It will not matter. Leave with no deal is the default position.

Of course it matters.  Parliament will NOT allow No Deal to happen.  If it gets even close, there are enough sensible tories left to put country before Party and bring down the government.  It's astonishing you can't see that.

Of course the truth is it won't come to that. Johnson is posturing to his Tory party base right now.  Once elected, he will soften his position and go back on his No Deal word.  

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You only have to look at Leadsom and Grayling. In any other walk of life they'd be lucky to get a job selling the Big Issue.

Even then Grayling would probably fail.

7 minutes ago, taxman said:

You only have to look at Leadsom and Grayling. In any other walk of life they'd be lucky to get a job selling the Big Issue.

Of course the gold medal has to go to Karen Bradley who was appointed NI minister then declared that she had no idea that political allegiance there, was based on sectarian lines.

That really is saying to we the people, ‘we have absolutely no interest in you who voted for us!’ 

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Of course the gold medal has to go to Karen Bradley who was appointed NI minister then declared that she had no idea that political allegiance there, was based on sectarian lines.

That really is saying to we the people, ‘we have absolutely no interest in you who voted for us!’ 

Or Dominic Raab...Brexit Minister wasn't aware of trade going through Dover.