How much a month do you spend feeding Wild Birds?

How Much a month do you spend feeding wild birds?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How Much a month do you spend feeding wild birds?

• £0 I hate wildlife
    • £0 - £3
    • £4 - £6
    • More than £6

We purposely don't keep track of the cost of feeding wildlife.

There are so many uncaring humans that we feel that we should make an effort.

We buy best seed (in Bulk), mealworms (in the biggest tubs available), insect & berry pellets & fat balls.

Aldi is cheapest for seed and fat balls but they don't have them in as often as they should (we then use a pet food suppliers at Rotherham - can't remember name)

Insect or berry Pellets are cheapest at Pets At Home.

Jollys (at Meadowhall Retail Park are cheapest for mealworms.

And we buy 2 or 3 of the cheapest loaves every week specially for the birds.

It's great to see them happy & thriving.

We purposely don't keep track of the cost of feeding wildlife.

There are so many uncaring humans that we feel that we should make an effort.

We buy best seed (in Bulk), mealworms (in the biggest tubs available), insect & berry pellets & fat balls.

Aldi is cheapest for seed and fat balls but they don't have them in as often as they should (we then use a pet food suppliers at Rotherham - can't remember name)

Insect or berry Pellets are cheapest at Pets At Home.

Jollys (at Meadowhall Retail Park are cheapest for mealworms.

There's a good pet food shop on Cricket Inn Rd where I get 15-20kg bags of seed from for about £15 quid, which last for months.

There's a good pet food shop on Cricket Inn Rd where I get 15-20kg bags of seed from for about £15 quid, which last for months.

Thanks for that - we pay around £18 when we have to get it from Rotherham.

We stopped feeding the birds in our garden when the food started attracting rats

Have heard others say that too - been doing it around 3 years so we must have been lucky up until now.

I always clean everything up as much as I can before nightfall to avoid that.

Man has been here thousands of years - birds have been here millions of years.

Read up about the Jurassic period, or watch Jurassic Park - many of those fearsome creatures were raptors and raptors are birds

So who was here first?

:D:D Haha, So did humans suddenly pop into existence a few thousand years ago? Where did we pop up from?

And since when was Jurassic park a wildlife program? I think you'll find that Raptors were not birds, they couldn't fly very far...

I have noticed a marked decline in the number of birds visiting the garden this month. A few weeks ago I counted 20 sparrows, plus blue tits, greats, dunnock, collared dove, but recently we are just getting the occasional one or two. I put it down to the dispersal of the fledglings plus more insects etc available elsewhere.

I get bulk seed and fat balls from Costco - last for ages.

I have noticed a marked decline in the number of birds visiting the garden this month. A few weeks ago I counted 20 sparrows, plus blue tits, greats, dunnock, collared dove, but recently we are just getting the occasional one or two. I put it down to the dispersal of the fledglings plus more insects etc available elsewhere.

I get bulk seed and fat balls from Costco - last for ages.

I have noticed a drop in the no of robins, sparrows, blue and great tits, blackbirds and thrushes all year, and haven't seen any long tailed tit's at all this year. Must have been the severe winter.

Had more damn woodpigeons than ever though!

:D:D Haha, So did humans suddenly pop into existence a few thousand years ago? Where did we pop up from?

And since when was Jurassic park a wildlife program? I think you'll find that Raptors were not birds, they couldn't fly very far...

I thought Jurassic Park would be something that maybe, you could understand.

Humans came from Africa but, whilst there were raptors, there were no humans in the Jurassic period.

Birds are older than humans.

Raptors WERE birds and STILL ARE birds - some raptors were flightless & some could fly.

Among the Raptors which are still alive today are Eagles, Hawks, Buzzards, Falcons, Vultures and even Owls - in other words, birds of prey.

Archived