Cycle Speedway

Yo - I'm real sad to hear about Pete - got lots of memories about him. If anyone gets to know the funeral date I'll get down from Scotland to pay my respects. I’ve got some photos (cycle speedway and there’s a great one of Pete), which I’m going to publish on the site.

Nice to hear from you TC and TH (I was only joking about you both racing on bikes).

Bushbaby – the 60’s on the cross where the best time ever – we never locked our door – anyone remember going next door to borrow a drop of milk and then taking it back in the evening. I and my brother (Peter) still laugh about these times and the fun we had.

I’m writing a longer narrative about the “Cycle Speedway” years and I’ll let you have a copy.

Yo - I'm real sad to hear about Pete - got lots of memories about him. If anyone gets to know the funeral date I'll get down from Scotland to pay my respects. I’ve got some photos (cycle speedway and there’s a great one of Pete), which I’m going to publish on the site.

Nice to hear from you TC and TH (I was only joking about you both racing on bikes).

Bushbaby – the 60’s on the cross where the best time ever – we never locked our door – anyone remember going next door to borrow a drop of milk and then taking it back in the evening. I and my brother (Peter) still laugh about these times and the fun we had.

I’m writing a longer narrative about the “Cycle Speedway” years and I’ll let you have a copy.

I know you was joking and i think terry knows that but iam still reeling about petes death and i couldnt sleep last night. what a lad and a big part of the 60s on the cross. yes i remember milk, sugar and other things if you did that now they would not take kindley to it now. nice to hear from you as i got banned off the site for a while for sticking up for an old lady.

Yo - I'm real sad to hear about Pete - got lots of memories about him.

Please do that Tommy, and I'll get a copy of my book "Gee'or Ruwerin' - Growing up in 60s Parson Cross" http://www.acmretro.com/geeor.html to you

There's a chapter on Cycle Speedway, taken from a slightly bemused onlooker's point of view

Bummer!! :( He was a genuine hero of mine! Please let us know if you get any funeral details

Parson Cross will the worse for his passing

only just found out about pete when i came on tonight guys im so sad knocked about with him in my younger days as most of u know what a guy beb sadly missed please let me know of funeral arrangements. terry howell

Really sad to hear about Pete Howe. He'd just about finished racing cycke speedway by the time I started around 1970. Still remember him though. I'm editing the match programme for next Saturday's British Open and Women's Club Championships at the Graves, Bochum Parkway, so I will mention Pete in the programme notes.

Incidentally, you missed a real humdinger of a match at the Graves today (Sunday) as Sheffield lost out narrowly to Premier League leaders, Horspath of Oxford.

only just found out about pete when i came on tonight guys im so sad knocked about with him in my younger days as most of u know what a guy beb sadly missed please let me know of funeral arrangements. terry howell
Pete Howe will be cremated on Friday 29th of july at 2.30 at grenoside crematorium south chapel. R.I.P Pete. T.C.

Hi Bushbaby The pics of you on the cycle speedwey track,where was that track? Was it the one on the field Behind Holgate rd near Black Hill ?

No it's on Wordsworth opposite the filling station - bottom of Dave Baldwin's garden

It's not me it's my brother John

Archived