Advice please re: exercise and angina

I’m very fit for my age ( 65) at least I thought so until yesterday.

Fifteen years ago I had what was described as a «  silent heart attack », since when I’ve taken prescribed medication.

I continued to do exercise as usual ie. mix of cardio, strength etc. absolutely masses of it. 

Yesterday I went for a 1.5 mile jog/run , a mixture of jogging and sprinting and had to stop 6 times due to discomfort in the chest, I was breathless and tired, I rested for 1 minute and set off each time only for symptoms to return. This has been happening for about the last 2 weeks. 

All things considered and and looking at my symptoms and risk factors I am fairly sure this is angina. I have an appointment at the Doc. tomorrow, I am currently abroad and luckily can speak the local language.

My question/concern is, will I be able to run with this condition and with treatment.

Cheers, 

In anticipation

3 hours ago, Padders said:

Ridgewalk, surely the doc is the best person to ask for advice..  hope its nothing too serious :thumbsup:.

Yes I'm meeting the Doc tomorrow morning. I suspect the Doc will just give me a medical opinion rather than specific advice in relation to sport training, i'll probably have to see a Cardiologist for such an opinion. I just wondered if by chance anyone who comes on here could give a few pointers ?

Very many thanks for your your interest and kind words. 

12 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

Yes I'm meeting the Doc tomorrow morning. I suspect the Doc will just give me a medical opinion rather than specific advice in relation to sport training, i'll probably have to see a Cardiologist for such an opinion. I just wondered if by chance anyone who comes on here could give a few pointers ?

Very many thanks for your your interest and kind words. 

Yes, I can give you a pointer, if you get pains in your chest whilst exercising you should cease the exercise immediately and not on the 6th time, apart from that, I hope you're fine and can continue with the exercising. I'd be lost without the gym now even though at 64 i'm considerably younger than you.😀

I had chest pains, nothing  too bad,  could be muscular, but the doctor sent me for some tests.

I was put on a treadmill, nothing strenuous, and connected to a reader.

After after a short while the test was stopped even though  I felt OK.

The nurse said my heart showed a problem trace   and the fact that I felt fine was not a good sign.

An angiogram showed  two of my arteries were 20% and 30% blocked.

I've got angina and am on beta blockers and anti-cholesterol tablets.

Thanks for the replies. Doc gave me an ECG this morning, says no problems looks perfect. Just as a pre-caution he's made an appt. for me to see a Cardiologist on 26th June. Appointment would have been sooner but off to Spain for 2 weeks from Monday. 

Great system here in France got a GP appt. 36 hours after contacting them and Hospital appt. also quick.

Cant get a GP appt. in UK for love nor money before three weeks

Bad news he's told me no exercise

16 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Yes, I can give you a pointer, if you get pains in your chest whilst exercising you should cease the exercise immediately and not on the 6th time, apart from that, I hope you're fine and can continue with the exercising. I'd be lost without the gym now even though at 64 i'm considerably younger than you.😀

Weren't really pains, more, discomfort. I'm no hero, pain is a pointer. I think I may  have a high tolerance for pain threshold, I've worked out in contact sports all my life.

I bet a could feyt thee. 😀

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Weren't really pains, more, discomfort. I'm no hero, pain is a pointer. I think I may  have a high tolerance for pain threshold, I've worked out in contact sports all my life.

I bet a could feyt thee. 😀

I bet tha (better not shorten couldn't, it would be rude and might get me a ban) 😀