The White Room Bridal gone into liquidation

I have just been informed by liquidators that The White Room bridal boutique has gone bust.

I choose and ordered my dress in November 2018 and paid a substantial deposit.

I last went for fittings in April 2019 and was led to believe my dress was going to be coming 4-6 weeks later.

I tried calling twice last week and emailed yesterday,  only to be told they had gone bust, company ceased trading 6/6/19.

I have lost my money and have 8 weeks to get another dress. 

I have been informed there are other ladies in a similar situation from this company. 

I have also been informed that the owner of the company, Sarah Beavers, has her own wedding in 2 weeks, I’m sure she has her dress and no loss of money. 

The liquidators informed me she had substantial debits to creditors and no separate deposit account for clients monies. 

Is anyone else in this situation or have any information? 

Hi,

I am in the same situation and my wedding is less than 5 weeks away. I got a very dodgy email from them 2-3 weeks ago saying my dress was nearly ready and that the companies they were working with had changed their Ts&Cs and wanted all the money upfront. They then sent me a text message straight away to pay. It sniffed of cash-flow issues but I had no idea they would be out of business two weeks later! They then chased a week later and I paid the small amount but not the larger one as I wanted to speak with them first, but they've been impossible to get hold of. I've just rung Suzanne Neville and waiting for them to ring back to see if I've actually got a dress (not feeling very hopeful!). Did they not even order your dress? How did you find out they went into liquidation?

I'm disgusted by their behaviour. I understand companies go bust, but to not even let the brides know and to send that email a couple of weeks ago asking me to pay another £1,400 when they had no intention of delivering the dress is robbery.