The US / Iran war...

36 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

We didn’t in Vietnam.

Not true. Britain was involved in the Vietnam war, we just didnt send troops but we did train American and S/Vietnam forces and later in the war Britain advised them on various things.

Sadly we didnt advise them to get the hell out of Vietnam and let them decide their own future.

16 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

Not true. Britain was involved in the Vietnam war, we just didnt send troops but we did train American and S/Vietnam forces and later in the war Britain advised them on various things.

Sadly we didnt advise them to get the hell out of Vietnam and let them decide their own future.

Good old Harold Wilson, he pulled a right blinder with that one. If only we had an equally smart PM in power now.

Where is he by the way?

Edited by Mister Gee
Where’s Bonkers Johnson

9 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I doubt if you remember WW2 - 75 years ago  - and Trump is no FD Roosevelt.

Roosevelt? You mean the Roosevelt who once said of Native Americans: ‘I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn’t like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth.’

That Roosevelt?

2 hours ago, spider1 said:

Do you remember ww 2 what would have happened if they hadnt backed us /  we back em all the way i think

It isn't world war 2 though. It's a series of proxy wars half a world away. I'd like to think Boris will leave well alone - he's still on holiday after all - but this country doesn't need and cannot afford another war in a desert.

13 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

Roosevelt? You mean the Roosevelt who once said of Native Americans: ‘I don’t go so far as to think that the only good Indians are dead Indians, but I believe nine out of ten are, and I shouldn’t like to inquire too closely into the case of the tenth.’

That Roosevelt?

I think you’ve got the wrong Roosevelt.

2 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I think you’ve got the wrong Roosevelt.

Probably lol

OK OK Ill fess up. I wondered if anyone would work it out. Lucky for me the forum brain box is on duty

Cheers mate!!

😂

Edited by BobOfRoth
Admission of guilt

17 minutes ago, BobOfRoth said:

That Roosevelt?

Wrong Roosevelt sunshine.

It was Teddy who made those comments about Red Indians.

It was FD Roosevelt who led the USA out of the Great Depression and in WW2.