New Top Gear (Flintoff)

Cyclone

12 hours ago, zaci said:

Clarkson and Co tried to be funny but it never came off!

LeBlank knows as much about cars as I do and that's not much!!

With the new team we've got two stooges and a fall guy to keep us entertained!!!

As for the cars  these days! they're all the same you only have to choose a colour!!!

I totally disagree.  Clarkson, Hammond and May took what was a small car show and turned it into an international brand.  You might not have found them funny, but they became the single most successful BBC export and one of the most popular shows in the UK for years on end.

LeBlanc did seem like an odd choice, and his (apparent) fascination with large farming equipment was of little interest to me personally.

Yeah, the current trio is another odd selection isn't it, perhaps the last gasp of top gear 😞

Well, I'd say that if you don't like cars and you don't like the show, there's probably little there for you to watch really...  All the same though, not even slightly!

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

I totally disagree.  Clarkson, Hammond and May took what was a small car show and turned it into an international brand.  You might not have found them funny, but they became the single most successful BBC export and one of the most popular shows in the UK for years on end.

LeBlanc did seem like an odd choice, and his (apparent) fascination with large farming equipment was of little interest to me personally.

Yeah, the current trio is another odd selection isn't it, perhaps the last gasp of top gear 😞

Well, I'd say that if you don't like cars and you don't like the show, there's probably little there for you to watch really...  All the same though, not even slightly!

I agree with you.

3 hours ago, OhhEnnEmm said:

I haven't watched it yet but I'm so eager to! Paddy McGuinness and Freddie Flintoff you can just tell would have such a great chemistry. I'm gonna watch it tonight! Phuaa I so hope this is a new lease of life for Top Gear.

It’s highly scripted with a  forced jollity.

On 19/06/2019 at 12:07, alchresearch said:

Now both shows have run out of ideas , but I don't think the viewers want the old format of reviewing everyday cars back.

I’d like them to, I realise I am a bit of a car nerd who likes to stay informed, but seeing funny but informative reviews would appeal to me. It loses that broad appeal that made it a phenomenon though, so understand they won’t.