Mark Field / Greenpeace protester

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Get a grip on reality. There was no "throat grabbing" as some report, the only grabbing was to the rear of the protesters neck as he bundled her out. Actions have consequences, the protester was in the wrong, and got what she deserved, throw out with very minimal "violence". As to the Field should face charges levied by the snowflakes, get a grip, no one was maimed for life, just a clown who was shown the door.

I wonder if any of the flakes taking the protesters side here and "demanding" charges be brought against Field, demanded Prescott should be charged when he did actually assault the egg thrower. He launched a two fisted attack and landed punches on the guy.

If I remember correctly, Prescott escaped any kind of a charge, and his actions were10 times worse than Fields ejection of the protester.

Angel1.

The reality is Field had no right to touch her. You can’t rationalise it by comparing it to Prescott.

He’s already apologised so why do you persist in defending him. It’s odd. Very odd.

11 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

The reality is Field had no right to touch her. You can’t rationalise it by comparing it to Prescott.

He’s already apologised so why do you persist in defending him. It’s odd. Very odd.

The woman had no right to be there.  We need to be careful because a more serious incident might occur which needs someone like Mr Field to step in quickly to prevent someone getting seriously hurt.  We don't want bystanders to be afraid of  stepping in when they think something bad is about to happen.

18 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

What are you on about? Any “constituent” can make an appointment with a government minister. It’s on Jeremy hunts website - I’ve just had a look. I’ll wager he won’t be under armed guard. Plenty of MPs - maybe ministers, I don’t know if they always use government vehicles- get gob full of abuse on their way to parliament, they aren’t secure at all.

I don't think they had made an 'appointment' to see a government minister, I think they had gate-crashed as a protest.

What I am 'on about' is there would seem to have been a lack of security at this event and in the current climate of terrorism I am amazed that armed police were not automatically in attendance at such a high profile event 

1 hour ago, I1L2T3 said:

So it's ok for a Labour Deputy Prime Minister to actually physically assault a member of the public on camera, but a Conservative member of the Government is not allowed to eject a protester by holding their neck from the rear and helping them outside of the room, and is subject by Labourites that he should be charged with assault. Double standards of the highest order here methinks.

Regarding my defending him, simply because he did no wrong in any way. Why he apologised is a mystery to me, he deserved praise not criticism.

Angel1

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

The woman had no right to be there.  We need to be careful because a more serious incident might occur which needs someone like Mr Field to step in quickly to prevent someone getting seriously hurt.  We don't want bystanders to be afraid of  stepping in when they think something bad is about to happen.

Whether she had any right to be there makes no difference

29 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

So it's ok for a Labour Deputy Prime Minister to actually physically assault a member of the public on camera, but a Conservative member of the Government is not allowed to eject a protester by holding their neck from the rear and helping them outside of the room, and is subject by Labourites that he should be charged with assault. Double standards of the highest order here methinks.

Regarding my defending him, simply because he did no wrong in any way. Why he apologised is a mystery to me, he deserved praise not criticism.

Angel1

No I think Prescott was wrong too. I’m saying you can’t use what Prescott did to excuse Field. Big difference.

So assaulting females in ok in your world?

Sad

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

She was frogmarched out by the scruff of her neck and deservedly so. She wasn’t injured. She has also got the publicity she wants for her cause.

They needed more security and policing in the building, the country seems to be lacking in this department.

Believe the telling fact is the protester is not going to seek to report her 'assault' to the police.  Hmm?

From looking at it, it was as much of an 'assault' as the manhandling of a female BBC correspondent about a week or so ago when she tried to get a few words with Jeremy Corbyn at a political event,  when he was walking back to his car & she was shoved out of the way twice by a couple of his minders. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1

Prescott, who I've never liked, was "attacked" albeit with an egg. He reacted to something that actually happened to him rather than what might happen.

Quick query, if she was wearing a sash with BREXIT NOW written across it, would your views change? I asked penny but I never got an answer.

2 hours ago, Phili Buster said:

I don't think they had made an 'appointment' to see a government minister, I think they had gate-crashed as a protest.

What I am 'on about' is there would seem to have been a lack of security at this event and in the current climate of terrorism I am amazed that armed police were not automatically in attendance at such a high profile event 

I agree that the security - on the face of it at least was lax. But armed guards? No chance. High profile events like that happen all the time without armed police in attendance. 

27 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Prescott, who I've never liked, was "attacked" albeit with an egg. He reacted to something that actually happened to him rather than what might happen.

Quick query, if she was wearing a sash with BREXIT NOW written across it, would your views change? I asked penny but I never got an answer.

And what if she had a sash of explosives ?