Blades transfer targets.

petcharlie

On 23/07/2019 at 21:45, Pettytom said:

Spending some money would be a good idea though. Maybe to sign an established first team player or two.

I’m quite surprised at the transfer policy that United are following. 

I think it is the one which got us promoted to the top flight, while you are ready to celebrate 20 years outside it? 

6 hours ago, Grappler said:

I think it is the one which got us promoted to the top flight, while you are ready to celebrate 20 years outside it? 

It isn’t though. That’s what I’m finding odd.  Wilder was always going to find this bit difficult though. It won’t be easy to raise the quality of your squad, whilst preserving that togetherness that you clearly have at the moment.

If if you were plucking gems from the lower leagues and integrating them, that would make sense. But 10 million for a Bournemouth reserve and the odd signing of Morrison aren’t that.

From over here, it looks like you are struggling to recruit, but spending the money anyway.

(Sits back and waits for childish comments).

14 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

It isn’t though. That’s what I’m finding odd.  Wilder was always going to find this bit difficult though. It won’t be easy to raise the quality of your squad, whilst preserving that togetherness that you clearly have at the moment.

If if you were plucking gems from the lower leagues and integrating them, that would make sense. But 10 million for a Bournemouth reserve and the odd signing of Morrison aren’t that.

From over here, it looks like you are struggling to recruit, but spending the money anyway.

Heres one then,

Freeman £6m

Robinson £7m

Mousset £10m

= £23m

Abdi  £4m

Van Akens £4.5m

Rhodes  £10m

= £18.5m

£4.5m more, and premier league!

1 minute ago, pintor said:

Heres one then,

Freeman £6m

Robinson £7m

Mousset £10m

= £23m

Abdi  £4m

Van Akens £4.5m

Rhodes  £10m

= £18.5m

Are you happy with your transfer business?

Do you think you’ve done enough to be competitive in the PL?

7 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Are you happy with your transfer business?

Do you think you’ve done enough to be competitive in the PL?

Time will tell, but you cant start throwing hundreds of millions like Fulham did, at least the money will be covered by the income by the end of season, 

47 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

To be fair, they're still signing unknown gems with potential, relative to the league they're in.  The club are carrying on with the transfer strategy that's seen them do well so far, not sure why they'd change it. The next step would be to spend stupid money and fall through the leagues

2 hours ago, pintor said:

Heres one then,

Freeman £6m

Robinson £7m

Mousset £10m

= £23m

Abdi  £4m

Van Akens £4.5m

Rhodes  £10m

= £18.5m

I don't think any owl would be happy spending that on this players although I think it was 3 million for van aken but still too much so far.

To be fair 23 million is ok for a premiership club and they are players should you not stay up hopefully can do a job in the championship. I can't see them setting the league alight but they only need to be good enough to get you 17th place and all's good

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I don't think any owl would be happy spending that on this players although I think it was 3 million for van aken but still too much so far.

To be fair 23 million is ok for a premiership club and they are players should you not stay up hopefully can do a job in the championship. I can't see them setting the league alight but they only need to be good enough to get you 17th place and all's good

I think you are right Wilder has said they are players that he thinks would be comfortable in the prem but would also be happy in the championship without wanting to leave if they are relegated and at the same time be a force in the championship should they not avoid the drop.We can not expect to match  the big guys money talks but with wilder I can not think of a better manager to see the job through.His judgement can not really be questioned on transfers he has got 90%of them spot on  while on lookers scratch their heads thinking why has he signed him but usually all becomes clear.