Bruce To Leave? Now gone!

DerbyTup

24 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

If they go to all that trouble to spite Bruce and his staff, they will, in effect, put off other managers of any note, joining them, sickening as that may be. Wednesday need to turn the page and get themselves the best manager they can. Good riddance to bad rubbish, like a bad divorce, forget about the old and get on with the new.I don't think the Owls owner is short on cash, let's move on. I just hope Wednesday go up and Toon come down,and Buce never coaches again, that will be better than any compensation package,

Hmmm... :huh:

... that would also be my idea of how to deal with it.

I don't think a million or two either way would mean much to Mr FFP Dodger anyway - it's more of a pride thing with him (which I can understand) but like you say, he needs to be careful he doesn't put off the 'names'.

He's clearly got the moral high ground with the majority of the sensible neutral fans so although it's obviously easier said than done, it's probably better to move on... :|

29 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

If they go to all that trouble to spite Bruce and his staff, they will, in effect, put off other managers of any note, joining them, sickening as that may be. Wednesday need to turn the page and get themselves the best manager they can. Good riddance to bad rubbish, like a bad divorce, forget about the old and get on with the new.I don't think the Owls owner is short on cash, let's move on. I just hope Wednesday go up and Toon come down,and Buce never coaches again, that will be better than any compensation package,

Or any manager that comes in knows the chairman won't do anything if they walk out to join another club, plenty of ways to look at it. I trust him to do what he thinks best

22 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... that would also be my idea of how to deal with it.

I don't think a million or two either way would mean much to Mr FFP Dodger anyway - it's more of a pride thing with him (which I can understand) but like you say, he needs to be careful he doesn't put off the 'names'.

He's clearly got the moral high ground with the majority of the sensible neutral fans so although it's obviously easier said than done, it's probably better to move on... :|

🤔 Mr FFP dodger who would this be then? .

The Owls are howed compansation in anyway you want to look at it , Bruce & Newcastle are in the wrong .😉

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I don’t think it’s anything to do with trying to spite him, he’s decimated SWFC’s entire pre-season preparations and should be held accountable, the move has been backed by many, many people and will reflect far worse on Bruce/Ashley than it will on Wednesday.

5 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

I don't suppose anyone on here really knows the answer to this but...

... if Wednesday try to stop Mr Bruce starting work at Newcastle because he is still 'officially' under contract to them (because they have not yet agreed compensation), then wouldn't that also legally stop them from finding a new manager themselves until he 'officially' left, otherwise they could be in a position of having 2 managers at the same time?

It would be interesting to see how the EFL would handle that one.

Oh dear, what a conundrum... :roll:

I don’t even know who has control. Is it the Premier League (who Newcastle must answer to), or the EFL (unless the ”Championship” has its own body).

In overall control is the FA, I presume, as they must have overall authority for English football, as they ultimately can veto anything

5 hours ago, Mr Bloke said:

I don't suppose anyone on here really knows the answer to this but...

... if Wednesday try to stop Mr Bruce starting work at Newcastle because he is still 'officially' under contract to them (because they have not yet agreed compensation), then wouldn't that also legally stop them from finding a new manager themselves until he 'officially' left, otherwise they could be in a position of having 2 managers at the same time?

It would be interesting to see how the EFL would handle that one.

Oh dear, what a conundrum... :roll:

Could you point us to the law that restricts an organisation to one manager?

Christ shock horror football manager leaves current club to manage his boyhood club !

Hes not the only football manager on the planet,theres still plenty of VERY good ones not working,maybe weve dodged a bullet we can go and get a better one now,I never bought into the Bruce the saviour crap anyhow,he was a hit n miss manager.

Lets start a new chapter

Has Mike Ashley shafted  the 3 Stooges already  ? - Story doing the rounds I don't know how much credence it has but nothing to do with the Star or their excuse for journalists . Mike Ashley supposedly contacted  Bruce on Monday and told the 3 Stooges to resign as he was going to pay the compensation in full . They duly resigned only for Ashley to renage on the agreement  leaving  a monumental <removed> storm and the threat of legal action . Needless to say Bruce and friends not very happy

Edited by nikki-red

On 16/07/2019 at 09:12, Brooker11 said:

Wagner had only managed the Borussia B team under Klopp for a short period of time as did Farke - so not so much the mighty Borussia Dortmund. 

How do you interpret "financial issues", we don't owe anyone anything, we have like other clubs found loopholes in the EFL's ludicrous P&S rules. If we appoint a new manager he will have money to spent, so wheres the issue.

There seems to be a huge element of spin to SUFC fans post on these pages.

I'll tell you where the issue is mate.  You've got loads of players on huge salaries that you can't afford - and no one wants to buy them.  You've got a "soft" transfer embargo on you and despite selling the club back to yourselves to make the books look better, you've still got the threat of FFP hanging over you because you are almost certain to exceed the £39m allowable spend.    Does that help?  Or have I imagined that and it's just "spin"?

Edited by DerbyTup

On 18/07/2019 at 02:47, lobster said:

Has Mike Ashley shafted  the 3 Stooges already  ? - Story doing the rounds I don't know how much credence it has but nothing to do with the Star or their excuse for journalists . Mike Ashley supposedly contacted  Bruce on Monday and told the 3 Stooges to resign as he was going to pay the compensation in full . They duly resigned only for Ashley to renage on the agreement  leaving  a monumental <removed> storm and the threat of legal action . Needless to say Bruce and friends not very happy

Where are you reading this?

Edited by nikki-red