Outdoor swimming/bathing opportunities in Sheffield.

i remember the Lido in Millhouses park and especially the summer of 76 when most of our year wagged it and spent 2 days in the Lido, hiding from teachers when it was reported a large number of 14-15 yr olds were in the park and Lido.

happy days and memories from millhouses park the Lido and the kids paddling pools which have now all gone and made way for a small kids area? wheres the logic, there already was one.

an outdoor pool should be re-built in the park.

I agree 100%. Just return Millhouses Lido to what it used to be and update it. That'll do very nicely thanks.

I agree 100%. Just return Millhouses Lido to what it used to be and update it. That'll do very nicely thanks.

Why can"t we have a Clifton Park in Sheffield, spent many a day there with the grandkids, a big city like ours and we"ve nothing to compare.

Ive not been to Millhouses for many years what a great day out it used to be for Families infact summat for everyone. Boatin lake. Paddleing pool and a big Park with swings ect. Big grass area for family games rounders ect or a kick a bought for the lads. Bowlin green. Tennis Courts. Great days . So If theres any Councilers listening bring them days back and give our kids summat to do. Flippin hell a City this size should have this stuff. :help:

Ive not been to Millhouses for many years what a great day out it used to be for Families infact summat for everyone. Boatin lake. Paddleing pool and a big Park with swings ect. Big grass area for family games rounders ect or a kick a bought for the lads. Bowlin green. Tennis Courts. Great days . So If theres any Councilers listening bring them days back and give our kids summat to do. Flippin hell a City this size should have this stuff. :help:

Kids have got stuff to do and plenty of space to do it, pretty much all you have listed above. As much as you or I would love them to spend their time out of the house, disappearing all day, it's not what they all want. Too many distractions, which, to be fair to them, we never had.

Kids have got stuff to do and plenty of space to do it, pretty much all you have listed above. As much as you or I would love them to spend their time out of the house, disappearing all day, it's not what they all want. Too many distractions, which, to be fair to them, we never had.

Pretty much all Ive listed. :confused: Is there still a boating lake . Is there a paddling pool. Is there a lido. ???? As for distractions cods wallop. Parents should get a grip and kick em out side till there tea is ready. Infact couch potaoe Parents should be kicked out till there tea is ready. :hihi:

Pretty much all Ive listed. :confused: Is there still a boating lake . Is there a paddling pool. Is there a lido. ???? As for distractions cods wallop. Parents should get a grip and kick em out side till there tea is ready. Infact couch potaoe Parents should be kicked out till there tea is ready. :hihi:

http://www.millhousespark.co.uk/attractions/boats/

No lido, but there is basketball and putting, do they count? So yes, pretty much all you listed, so need to be confused.

Agree on the parent bit, getting outside with your kids, starting when they are very young is the right start.