Outdoor swimming/bathing opportunities in Sheffield.

Unfortunately I'm a better swimmer than accountant. There is more to life than money. But in England that seems to be the only thing that matters in society and its needs.

I do think a single outdoor pool would be used a lot this time of year.

Clearly not by forum users here but many people will use it including myself and other friends. Student will use it.

So far I see weird things here like a society that uses old trains at the highest prices and thinks an outdoor pool is not needed because it costs too much money.

Yet calls anyone who says waky waky a weirdo. I think you are the weirdos with expensive old trains and no outdoor pool not wanting one either. Once you get one it will be used and appreciated. If you do it for profits and money I am no expert but am certain it can be done somehow without society going bankrupt.

Where I come from its different, this forum clearly shows me the fear of outdoor pools in this country. Maybe swimming up and down the pool is too boring for people here. Where I come from almost every one does it. On a summer day the outdoor pools are full there. Here they are counting their money.

Well youve just implied you cant do it without going bankrupt.

From your posts I really dont understand why you live in this country, everywhere is so much better in your eyes. Perhaps youd be happier back in the Netherlands?

Well youve just implied you cant do it without going bankrupt.

From your posts I really dont understand why you live in this country, everywhere is so much better in your eyes. Perhaps youd be happier back in the Netherlands?

Every place has its advantages and disadvantages.

I have reached a point I can live with or without an outdoor pool. Still would be nice if we had one in Sheffield but it is not going to kill me.

My preferences and cultural upbringing are different from yours. But I live in UK now and don't want to change you into wanting an outdoor pool. If you don't want one that is fine with me and I accept that.

My last place in Ontario I had an outdoor pool around the corner and it be packed on a day like today but there are many things I like about Sheffield that make life as pleasant here.

When I visit my family the trains there feel like a time warp in the future. Maybe it costs more money here to keep antique rolling stock going? Money seems to be more important than the needs of the people. It does add a funny atmosphere to this society that adds its character.

One single outdoor pool in Sheffield would do fine, im pretty sure

We are fighting here with each other while we could have the pleasure of an outdoor pool when getting together. If not bothered then leave it as it is.

Every place has its advantages and disadvantages.

I have reached a point I can live with or without an outdoor pool. Still would be nice if we had one in Sheffield but it is not going to kill me.

My preferences and cultural upbringing are different from yours. But I live in UK now and don't want to change you into wanting an outdoor pool. If you don't want one that is fine with me and I accept that.

My last place in Ontario I had an outdoor pool around the corner and it be packed on a day like today but there are many things I like about Sheffield that make life as pleasant here.

When I visit my family the trains there feel like a time warp in the future. Maybe it costs more money here to keep antique rolling stock going? Money seems to be more important than the needs of the people. It does add a funny atmosphere to this society that adds its character.

One single outdoor pool in Sheffield would do fine, im pretty sure

We are fighting here with each other while we could have the pleasure of an outdoor pool when getting together. If not bothered then leave it as it is.

Don't you reckon that if there was a demand for one then some person/company would build one? No-one will invest on the off chance...

Maybe no one has tried yet?

Who rejected it after proper investigation?

Or is it just ignore? It would be great for everyone also on cooler cloudier days it would be used.

When people get used to it they start loving it

Does it have to be a purpose-built pool though? Would it be easier to maintain a swimming pond (like the Hampsted Heath ponds) or make part of an existing body of water into a swim-friendly area? In Basle, they rope off an area of the Rhine and have pontoons you can dive off. I know we don't have a river area that could easily be used, but there could be other options?

Does it have to be a purpose-built pool though? Would it be easier to maintain a swimming pond (like the Hampsted Heath ponds) or make part of an existing body of water into a swim-friendly area? In Basle, they rope off an area of the Rhine and have pontoons you can dive off. I know we don't have a river area that could easily be used, but there could be other options?

You've got rother valley country park and, no doubt quite a few other parks have lakes and or ponds. There are literally hundreds of purpose built fishing ponds around Sheffield.

You've got rother valley country park and, no doubt quite a few other parks have lakes and or ponds. There are literally hundreds of purpose built fishing ponds around Sheffield.

Who pays for that? Are these fishing pond profitable?

Just checked some stuff online. Most pools indoor and outdoor ones are subsidised by council there. Ontario ones are all council funds.

Social importance of swimming is comletely different. Many people find pool more important there than libraries or theatre.

Personally I like the theatre and pool equally.