Are Some People So Obsessed With Pc They Lose Their Sense Of Humour

3 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

... well far be it from me to correct someone who works in the health 'industry' on what is possible these days, but I suspect that a 'sense of humour bi pass' is still beyond the medical capabilities of even the very finest NHS practitioner. :suspect:

😁 Well you never know Mr Bloke , the maybe someone beavering away , working on just that 

Just now, JamesR123 said:

Many offensive jokes are hillarious.  Some racist, some sexist, some about historical events.

I wouldn't share them on here as it seems to allow kids online.

Indeed. However some people offline or online want to shut this down in the event that someone, somewhere may find it insensitive or offensive. 

People have the right to be offended by something. They don't have a right to stop things being said.

9 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

There is nothing worse than being lectured to by morally superior goody goodies about what you're supposed to find funny and not.

So in effect, what you're saying is that people who are sensitive to others are morally superior. I'll take that as a compliment.

I remember seeing the comedy Roast of Joan Rivers a few years ago on which a female comedian said: "Joan Rivers' vagina is so old it has a separate entrance for black guys." Some people may find that offensive whilst some may find it a witty reference to the days of apartheid.