Are Some People So Obsessed With Pc They Lose Their Sense Of Humour

11 hours ago, Darkwitch14 said:

I was bought up in a family where a good old laugh & some cracking Banter was a daily thing . I love having a good old belly laugh but I seriously think nowadays ,some folk have lost their sense of humour . The PC brigade are doing my nut in .,they take things so seriously by far . A simple thing ,which people with a sense of humour would find funny ,has these people ringing their hands , proper scared of offending .  What a shame that is 

So to come back to the original post.  If someone doesn't find an offensive joke funny, you make the judgement that they have no sense of humour.  Seems very lazy to me.  Perhaps they simply have a different sense of humour to you.  We're not all the same are we.

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

That’s why I phrased my original post in a particular way.

Maybe a re-read would assist your comprehension of my point.

You said:

"So, if you could find the time to stop lecturing us about what we should and shouldn’t accept as comedy, that would be much appreciated. "

Show me where I have suggested what people shouldn't accept as comedy. My position is we all should be free to laugh at whatever we want.

Go and have a lie down.

Edited by Nightbird

Just now, Nightbird said:

"So, if you could find the time to stop lecturing us about what we should and shouldn’t accept as comedy, that would be much appreciated. "

Show me where I have suggested what people shouldn't accept as comedy.

My position is we all should be free to laugh at whatever we want.

Go and have a lie down.

You really don’t get it do you?

You complain about people enforcing a view of acceptable comedy on you, whilst wanting to enforce a different view of acceptable comedy on others.

And you think that I need a lie down.

4 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

You really don’t get it do you?

You complain about people enforcing a view of acceptable comedy on you, whilst wanting to enforce a different view of acceptable comedy on others.

And you think that I need a lie down.

No, I don't see it as  people enforcing a view of acceptable comedy on me,  all comedy is fair game, but if I don't like it I don't feel inclined to have it  banned. That is the difference.

Edited by Nightbird

Just now, Cyclone said:

Have you any examples of someone trying to ban a form of humour?  Or was that a strawman you just stacked up?

I think it is ok to ban any “comedy” that breaks the law, for example. That would take out a lot of the old stand ups from the 70s and early 80s.

Other than that, I reserve the right to dislike and criticise anyone that I find unpleasant or offensive.

52 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

Interesting you mention Rising Damp, because it describes the landlord Rigsby as racist on IMDB...... IMDB Rising Damp but even you accept it was funny and I agree !

Do you really not get the difference between an actor portraying a racist fool for laughs and a racist comedian telling racist jokes to a largely racist audience?

4 minutes ago, Nightbird said:

Its fascinating how a small cabal of Fabians have managed to control society to the degree they have with the use of political correctness through the media.

Yeah, the Sun, the Daily Mail, a few others like them, they're so PC it hurts right.