Are Some People So Obsessed With Pc They Lose Their Sense Of Humour

Can anyone point out who exactly is stopping people making jokes?

There was a play on the radio last week about the first staging of George Bernard Shaw’s Pygmalion. The producers had to get the Lord Chancellor’s permission to use the word ‘bloody’ on a theatre stage. Has there been legislation passed that I have missed? Has the Home Office issued guidelines on what jokes can and can’t be made?

Because every time someone starts a “boo hoo, I’m not being allowed to say this or that” thread, they never quite get round to saying who exactly is not allowing them.

Maybe we should be told! 😳

1 hour ago, Michael_W said:

There are black and Asian comedians who make jokes about race, usually their own, there are female comedians who use sexist material and LGBQT comedians who use what would be considered homophobic material because they can all get away with it, there seems to be an obsession these days about race and gender particularly, but woe betide those nasty straight white men using stereotypical material about other groups in their comedy eh …. it's a good job some of us can still laugh at ourselves, I pity those with little or no sense of humour, a serious life is often a sad, bitter, grumpy life !

Pretty sure you've just made that one up.

I find it hilarious when people who don't realise they are being funny , come out with something and it has you crying laughing .They ask you what's funny & that makes you worse . They they then realise what they said & end up crying laughing too 

Edited by Darkwitch14
Missed a word out

4 hours ago, Halibut said:

It's an observation. Look around you. How many comedians these days use lazy racial stereotypes in their acts?

A few do, but their audiences trust that it is all in good humour. One great example that springs to mind is that brilliant sketch of those Indian's at a restaurant "having an English", ordering "the blandest thing on the menu" and bread rolls etc. Other examples are Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle who both make humorous observations about white people, or "cracker's". I think its hilarious.

Edited by Nightbird

4 hours ago, Delayed said:

Can I see the results of the study you have conducted which demonstrates that "most" people" share the same view as you as to what is funny or not?

No need to conduct studies, just observe the great fondness there still is around the country for all the old school comedians.

2 hours ago, Darkwitch14 said:

Well delayed I find it funny & I am not most people 

No, you find 'slitty eyed' Chinese funny, so you're definitely out of the ordinary.

36 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Indeed.

Let’s start by checking out Jim Davison’s latest tour dates.

https://www.jimdavidson.org.uk/tour-dates.php

Thats showbiz.

Lol. 'The Peoples Comedian' - going for the Brexit/Gammon audience.

7 hours ago, Halibut said:

It's an observation. Look around you. How many comedians these days use lazy racial stereotypes in their acts?

Some still make a good living at it and are hugely popular i.e. Russell Peters who's act is totally based on the difference in  races. Racial jokes  and racism are two entirely different things.I don't make a fuss if a mate calls me a Limey and he doesn't mind if I call him a Wap, or  a Polak or Chief, if  he is native etc etc . If there is no malice intended, there is nothing wrong with it.