Speed Limit On Sheffield Parkway Set To Be Cut?

6 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I would rather drive at 50-60mph even when speed limits are 70mph. 

I'd rather that you kept well away from roads with a 70mph limit and made life easier and safer for everyone else.

22 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I'd rather that you kept well away from roads with a 70mph limit and made life easier and safer for everyone else.

If someone isn’t prepared to drive to the speed limit where possible, they should stay off the roads. Not only do they hamper traffic flow, they also force other drivers to change lanes to overtake them, particularly on a dual carriageway where there are only two lanes.

8 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I would rather drive at 50-60mph even when speed limits are 70mph. All types of stuff happens on the roads  Blow outs  idiots cutting you up ect.  Be in control there are no prizes for speeding unless your at some type of racing venue.  For some of the nutters on here,  the M1 is not Silverstone.  :suspect:

Well maybe its time to reconsider if you are fit for driving at all then.

Section 20 of the driving test has mark up for failures to those who do not maintain appropriate speed.  The test specifically has observation and mark down for those who "makes no attempt to achieve maximum speeds for the road when safe to do so" and a driver who "crawls along at slow speeds on clear roads".     Such driving behaviour would also likely be marked down under the header of undue hesitancy. 

You may think you are on some high horse but your deliberate and inapporpraite slow driving is just has hazardous as someone driving at wholly excessive speeds.

Edited by ECCOnoob

8 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I would rather drive at 50-60mph even when speed limits are 70mph. All types of stuff happens on the roads  Blow outs  idiots cutting you up ect.  Be in control there are no prizes for speeding unless your at some type of racing venue.  For some of the nutters on here,  the M1 is not Silverstone.  :suspect:

I"m with you Presley, I"m sick of these people who think if the speed limit is 70, you must drive as close as possible to 70.

Nothing wrong at all with 50/60.

19 minutes ago, Padders said:

I"m with you Presley, I"m sick of these people who think if the speed limit is 70, you must drive as close as possible to 70.

Nothing wrong at all with 50/60.

I think ECCOnoob just gave a very good reason why that's complete rubbish.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That’s not true.

When you share the road with other vehicles you don’t have a right to hold them up.

When driving on motor ways I often see signs of 40/50 mph. IE accident, roadworks, bad weather. never seen one what says , perfect road conditions MAINTAIN SPEED LIMIT.

7 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

.. I suspect many cyclists may disagree with you! :hihi:

As a cyclist I have more than once had to overtake cars which are driving ridiculously slow for no apparent reason (apart from having to look at the person in the passenger seat that they are engrossed in conversation with! 😡)