Speed Limit On Sheffield Parkway Set To Be Cut?

53 minutes ago, Padders said:

How many times......

70 is the MAXIMUM speed.. 71 is breaking the law.

Presley is quite right, 50/60 is about right.

Cheers Padders.  But talking about driving at a safe speed to some of the Formula 1 drivers on here is a waste of time.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

All traffic ?   What about HGV's.  I tink youve been playing with your Scalextric too long Sonny Jim. :hihi:

All the traffic that is capable of it. Duh.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

How many times......

70 is the MAXIMUM speed.. 71 is breaking the law.

Presley is quite right, 50/60 is about right.

How is it about right?  You would fail your driving test doing that.  How can that be right.

1 hour ago, ECCOnoob said:

says who?   Please do furnish us with your expert knowledge in highway control and your qualifications.

You clearly know more than the qualified professionals at the highways agency who set the safe speed limits.

Says me. And apparently the qualified professionals who set it at 50... (Don't you feel silly now?). No idea about the Rotherham bit, I get on and off at handsworth, and 60 is plenty even at 10mph over the limit

Seems a lot of self righteous people on here, tend to get them on all car threads, the "my driving skills are so great" brigade. In fact I'm replying to one by the sounds of it 

21 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

All the traffic that is capable of it. Duh.

How is it about right?  You would fail your driving test doing that.  How can that be right.

You could"nt make it up. I"ve heard everything now....Failing you driving test at 50/60 mph.

5 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

We've actually shown you the examiners assessment sheet and multiple people have told you that driving too slowly is a driving exam fault and persisting to do it is a failure.

I"m going round in circles here (at 30mph) I"m not disputing your above post, but driving at 50/60 is not too slow.

It is, it's literally too slow on a 70mph limit road, it's so slow that you would be given faults or failed on your driving test.  It's the very definition of too slow.

There is no other definition of what speed is acceptable than that defined for the test, you can't decide for yourself what speed is okay, that's not how it works.

Edited by Cyclone

7 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

It is, it's literally too slow on a 70mph limit road, it's so slow that you would be given faults or failed on your driving test.  It's the very definition of too slow.

There is no other definition of what speed is acceptable than that defined for the test, you can't decide for yourself what speed is okay, that's not how it works.

I will agree to disagree , last word.

21 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

You're actually disagreeing with reality, not me.  What do you think is in the wrong, the criteria for the driving test?  It's like disagreeing that water is wet...

Hmmm... :huh:

... well actually Mr Cyclone, I think you need to have a word with your mate Mr Google.

He seems to think that water itself is not wet, but is a liquid that sticks to the surface of solids making them wet.

Oh what fun you two must have together... :hihi: