Speed Limit On Sheffield Parkway Set To Be Cut?

14 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I drive at what I think is a safe and reasonble  speed, there is a saying,  and its, There are drivers and screw drivers.  :roll:

Do you think that 70 mph on an NSL dual carriageway in good conditions and light traffic is safe or unsafe?

11 hours ago, Longcol said:

And like most people I think "safe and reasonable" in the NSL section of the Parkway is 70 mph (outside rush hour). Done it hundreds of times, no accidents, no near misses.

I would rather drive at 50-60mph even when speed limits are 70mph. All types of stuff happens on the roads  Blow outs  idiots cutting you up ect.  Be in control there are no prizes for speeding unless your at some type of racing venue.  For some of the nutters on here,  the M1 is not Silverstone.  :suspect:

You'd get a minor fault on your driving test each time you did that, potentially failing the test.

Nobody is even talking about speeding, we're talking about travelling at the speed limit.  Perhaps if 70 is too fast for you, it's time to hang up your keys, or maybe just stay off the A roads and motorways.

4 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Do you think that 70 mph on an NSL dual carriageway in good conditions and light traffic is safe or unsafe?

I dont answer your questions, its  a waist of time.  Anyhow your bicycle doesn't go 70mph. :loopy:

Questions can be awkward can't they.  You have to consider your opinions and how you managed to talk yourself into holding such a ridiculous position that you've claimed that driving on the parkway at the speed limit is dangerous.  It's all become so difficult for you that you need to resort to weak ad hom attacks, as if my cycle is the only vehicle I own, lol.

On 05/07/2019 at 22:14, Brooker11 said:

I don't think many people travel on this section at 70 and the ones who do still will so whats the point?

This was what you jumped in to defend, when I'd replied and countered this question (what's the point) with "what's the point of 60 or 50 or 12"...  Clearly the answer being to get where you're going in the minimum time.

But you thought you could score a point and claim that slower was safer...  Which it is.  But that doesn't mean that slower is better, otherwise we wouldn't have 70 limits would we.

On 05/07/2019 at 21:37, Cyclone said:

Is this

http://bit.ly/0114air

I've seen that advertised on the matrix signs.

Hmm, no, this seems to be about a congestion zone with charging for everything except private vehicles (that will come in phase 2).

Thanks for the link. I'd suggest that people take a look at it, and complete the online survey.

3 minutes ago, convert said:

Thanks for the link. I'd suggest that people take a look at it, and complete the online survey.

It isn't actually about this topic though, it's the link for the clean air zone survey, but still worth doing.

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I would rather drive at 50-60mph even when speed limits are 70mph. 

So you're that driver who sits in the inside lane of the motorway at 50, forcing lorries into the middle lane.  Cheers for all the unnecessary congestion you create.

1 hour ago, alchresearch said:

So you're that driver who sits in the inside lane of the motorway at 50, forcing lorries into the middle lane.  Cheers for all the unnecessary congestion you create.

Very very  frustrating people who do that