Sheffield Clean Air Zone

35 minutes ago, Lee_Ward_ALPHA said:

In trade meetings that I attend, government have already warned SCC that their targets will not work and a Cat D will be required, meaning that all transport including private cars will be charged, so why are they only saying that they may have to?

They should be saying probably have to....

The bit.loaded/and@lies.com on the matrix board , doesn't want the truth, that's why.

The Tory government propose this, and Labour don't argue it, and claim they have no choice because they aren't in government. It's the usual political environment. Labour have to keep the greens/cyclists/ etc. happy.

The only losers in this will be the public, as buses and taxis will just pass the fare on... and they'll pay themselves eventually on a personal level. You have to get to Question 19 to get to this stage though, by which time, all the loaded questions will favour taxing taxis and buses.

8 minutes ago, ads36 said:

They're doing a terrible job of that...

So it's a double lose then. I know from the cyclists FB group that they all in favour of it. Green will be too.

Green in Sheffield tend to be well to do IMO, so they are going to support it, even though it won't help the environment in any way. It's just taking £70 out of my wage packet every week. I don't know any taxi driver who is honest, who makes more than min wage.

Let's also introduce the bus strikes over pay. This year, fair increase, next year year unfair increase... why do you think that is? Because they've offered 16p / hour (will have to check exact figures), but this is most likely because £50 per bus per day will cripple the profits of the bus companies, hence they will pass this on, with no pay rises.

These Labour/Greens/lefties who argue for working people have sold out to the middle class, and people can't see it.

Look at the london protests with young people... never heard anything other than a posh accent from the protesters that made news.

Edited by *_ash_*

14 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

So it's a double lose then. I know from the cyclists FB group that they all in favour of it. Green will be too.

Green in Sheffield tend to be well to do IMO, so they are going to support it, even though it won't help the environment in any way. It's just taking £70 out of my wage packet every week. I don't know any taxi driver who is honest, who makes more than min wage.

Let's also introduce the bus strikes over pay. This year, fair increase, next year year unfair increase... why do you think that is? Because they've offered 16p / hour (will have to check exact figures), but this is most likely because £50 per bus per day will cripple the profits of the bus companies, hence they will pass this on, with no pay rises.

These Labour/Greens/lefties who argue for working people have sold out to the middle class, and people can't see it.

Look at the london protests with young people... never heard anything other than a posh accent from the protesters that made news.

just to add, the current revolution lot that came to the LMS , even the head guy in charge of all the protesters couldn't answer A SINGLE question that was put to him about how to solve the problem. Just a load of kids having a party and claiming that they know everything.

13 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Since when has living in a place been a pre-qualification for working on a project that’s happening there?

These are professional engineers and planners who will do a good job, wherever they happen to live.

Yeah

Look at train station

3million quid and developed by Leeds architects 

Isn't the current station setup better than it used to be though?

Used to be a sodding free-for-all when the public were allowed to drop off at the door, you'd always get some ignorant tosser blocking the drop-off zone waiting for someone.