Sheffield Clean Air Zone

22 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

How can they justify another tax? Especially after a pandemic.

because air pollution is above legal levels.

The council will be breaking the law if they don't act - what do you suggest?

This has been talked about since mid-2017. We'll  have had 5 years warning by the time it rolls out.

Edited by ads36

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well no, only the non-exempt will be doing so, which to be fair isnt going to account for many vehicles.

I still think you are being defeatist about this. I cant see how you are going to incur a tenner a time unless you actually choose to drive through the CAZ, which at the moment you dont have to. You are also working on an assumption you are going to be driving non-exempt vehicles every day and are then taking them home overnight.

Hmmm... :huh:

You know, I keep seeing this "it isn't going to affect many vehicles".

If that's the case, don't you think it seems like an awful lot of trouble for just a few vehicles?

It's pretty obvious that it's just a way of testing public reaction...

... and that future plans will expand the scheme either in area or types of vehicles! :(

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

Hmmm... :huh:

You know, I keep seeing this "it isn't going to affect many vehicles".

If that's the case, don't you think it seems like an awful lot of trouble for just a few vehicles?

It's pretty obvious that it's just a way of testing public reaction...

... and that future plans will expand the scheme either in area or types of vehicles! :(

I dont disagree but as already said, legally they have to do something.

5 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

This is all about money and anyone that thinks otherwise is just naive  🙄

From the figures I have seen it isnt making much at all and the amount will taper off year by year as non exempt vehicles go off the road.

As said, they are doing it because they have to do something. I really dont think your own personal doom predictions as to the impact on your own finances will actually play out, for the reasons I already gave.

17 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

From the figures I have seen it isnt making much at all and the amount will taper off year by year as non exempt vehicles go off the road.

As said, they are doing it because they have to do something. I really dont think your own personal doom predictions as to the impact on your own finances will actually play out, for the reasons I already gave.

"it isnt making much at all"?

They said that about parking fees and fines and councils are racking in billions

Personally i dont agree that there is a climate 'crisis'

So these policies are just a tax as far as im concerned. 

But we clearly have different views 👍

Edited by Jack Grey

If you dont believe there is a climate crisis, speak to the Government then who brought this policy in.

If only each council raked in billions in fines, we wouldnt get a council tax increase every year 🤣

Edited by HeHasRisen