Sheffield Clean Air Zone

On 09/11/2021 at 10:20, Jack Grey said:

I deliver vehicles for auction so some are compliant and some aren't.

Im a self employed trade plate driver but i get my work from a company.

All expenses are mine 😒

Can you give me more details please?

Seemingly this occupation pays enough to sustain a 5 month stay in Florida over winter, sounds great to me.

On 09/11/2021 at 10:04, Jack Grey said:

Thats over £350 a month because i live in the city centre.

So i'll have to quit my job which i just cant afford to do at the moment

😡 😡 😡 😡 😡

A lot changed in 11 month then, huh 😏

Edited by HeHasRisen

Clean air zone is going ahead and despite cabbies trialing the so called electric black cabs (hybrid, only 50miles electric),not 1 cab driver has bought one. At £64 thousand (£900 per month) Is it any wonder?. The cabbies would rather pay the £10 per day council charge.Such is progress!

4 hours ago, RollingJ said:

For once, @Anna B, you are correct, but we have a City Council hell-bent on turning the city centre into one big desert. God help us if they were in charge of the country.

Indeed.

Fancy the local council bringing in measures to ensure that we can all breathe a better quality of air. Bloody fascists.

Next, someone will be legislating to stop the entirely reasonable dumping of **** on our beaches and pesticides in our drinking water.

Morons. All of them.

If you want growth, you’ve got to have a bit of pollution 

17 minutes ago, sibon said:

Indeed.

Fancy the local council bringing in measures to ensure that we can all breathe a better quality of air. Bloody fascists.

Next, someone will be legislating to stop the entirely reasonable dumping of **** on our beaches and pesticides in our drinking water.

Morons. All of them.

If you want growth, you’ve got to have a bit of pollution 

Without risking repeating things I probably said earlier in the thread...

Should the council close the incinerator which is right next to the centre?

-

On another note, I ventured into the city centre last week, and to be honest, if it weren't for Chinese students, there would have been about 100 people in the city centre! 

Driving there now is terrible. Each time I go something else is a diversion. It's slow tactics in my opinion, to see if people notice. If they want the city smoke free, then close the whole thing to traffic. That's what the long term goal is anyway. 

This slow tactic doesn't help the environment. Inside the one-way system around Division Street, I had to drive about a mile, to get what could was before about 100 yards. Does this help with pollution? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *_ash_* said:

Without risking repeating things I probably said earlier in the thread...

Should the council close the incinerator which is right next to the centre?

-

On another note, I ventured into the city centre last week, and to be honest, if it weren't for Chinese students, there would have been about 100 people in the city centre! 

Driving there now is terrible. Each time I go something else is a diversion. It's slow tactics in my opinion, to see if people notice. If they want the city smoke free, then close the whole thing to traffic. That's what the long term goal is anyway. 

This slow tactic doesn't help the environment. Inside the one-way system around Division Street, I had to drive about a mile, to get what could was before about 100 yards. Does this help with pollution? 

I agree entirely that driving in town is difficult. 

That’s partly down to the work that is going on. Manchester was similar a few years ago.

The solution is to make some clear routes for traffic, or to improve public transport. Neither are good enough atm.

Keeping the air clean is a laudable aim though. And one that we should all support