Sheffield Clean Air Zone

13 minutes ago, fools said:

A line had been drawn under it a while ago, until some 3rd party came along and dug it up again, so pipe down or use the ignore feature

Hmmm... :huh:

I tried using the ignore feature once so that I didn't have to read all the rubbish that's posted on here...

... but the forum soon became a very lonely place! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another Sheffield S*itty Council (SCC) scam to steal money out of the pockets of the hard working people of Sheffield.

Now that Park Square round about is inside the SCUZ sorry, SCAZ, there is no way round the city without paying if you are liable.

Even London has an alternative route.

This will mean that places like London Road, Abbeydale Road and Broomhill and Crosspool, already blighted by the iniquitous PPZ (which doesn't go all the way round the periphery) and which was created by the lying and cheating SCC through devious means and dodgy accounting, will lose even m,ore passing trade as the trade won't pass.

Why have we allowed the tree huggers to blight our way of life?

Edited by Litotes
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Yet another Sheffield S*itty Council (SCC) scam to steal money out of the pockets of the hard working people of Sheffield.

Now that Park Square round about is inside the SCUZ sorry, SCAZ, there is no way round the city without paying if you are liable.

Even London has an alternative route.

This will mean that places like London Road, Abbeydale Road and Broomhill and Crosspool, already blighted by the iniquitous PPZ (which doesn't go all the way round the periphery) and which was created by the lying and cheating SCC through devious means and dodgy accounting, will lose even m,ore passing trade as the trade won't pass.

Why have we allowed the tree huggers to blight our way of life?

You do realise all private cars are exempt, dont you? As will every First and Stagecoach bus by the time it comes in, and plenty of lorries and vans.

51 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You do realise all private cars are exempt, dont you? As will every First and Stagecoach bus by the time it comes in, and plenty of lorries and vans.

Yes, until the cameras are in place, then things can easily change.

Remember a couple of years ago when the parking fees at 20p came into force in the suburbs. We were told it wasn't money making, but to move cars along, so they can't park all day, etc. 

How much are they now?

If (and when) it's making a loss, they'll say we need to add more cars (for the benefit of the environment of course). You'll be next, trust me. (meaing non ULEZ cars, not you personally)

Also there are about 3000 taxis in Sheffield. Like me, they have days off, but use their taxis as their own cars too. 

So that's 3000 cars using the back roads to avoid paying a tenner on their day off. 

Edited by *_ash_*
typos and clarity
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

If my uncle had a fanny he would be my aunt 

I had an Aunt Fanny. If she caught us laughing at her name she'd give us a nasty cli* round the ear.

Sorry, I meant clip...

Edited by The_DADDY

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Yes, and that was how the PPZ started... broad scope and then SSC narrowed it down without consultation. The parking zones were part of the PPZ, which was broad, but once they were in place they were restricted without consultation.

There is one street in the area which is so constricted that there are 6 houses in a parking zone. But only those in the parking zone are allowed to apply for the permits...

Hmmm, I wonder if there is anyone or anyone's relatives who live there?

Not suggesting that there is corruption in the SCC, but it could be considered. Why has that street got so privileged parking?

And why has the PPZ managed to get so much power without oversight?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

If my uncle had a fanny he would be my aunt 

We'll have to wait and see if I am right. I wrote this near the beginning of the consultation, and I still think more vehicles will be added once the cameras are in place.

Personally, if it didn't include the ring road, I wouldn't care. But including the ring road (as I pointed out a couple of pages ago) means it is NOT the same as the London zone, which you can drive around. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, *_ash_* said:

We'll have to wait and see if I am right. I wrote this near the beginning of the consultation, and I still think more vehicles will be added once the cameras are in place.

I wondered why I couldn't find my posts, and it because it's another thread. This is a new one. 

I actually started the original one 2 years before this thread... 

see here,...