Sheffield Clean Air Zone

1 minute ago, prince al said:

More half empty buses scuttling around bus stops, impeding the natural flow of traffic, causing hazards and frustration. Stop it now!

Sort it out SCC!

You sure you aren't another poster in disguise? The buses have as much right to road-space as any other traffic - and badly/illegally parked cars have a major disruptive effect on traffic flow!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, prince al said:

More half empty buses scuttling around bus stops, impeding the natural flow of traffic, causing hazards and frustration. Stop it now!

Sort it out SCC!

A half full bus is still much better for environment than if these people all took their car impeding traffic flow. 

If you want to stop frustration I suggest to start with oneself. Scc will never ever make you feel less frustrated it's not their job or responsibility to sort people emotions. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, prince al said:

Sort it out SCC!

Taxis provide more impediments to flow and hazards to driving in and around Sheffield than buses through their total disregard of the rules and laws of driving in the UK. 

Maybe we should start there first...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, prince al said:

Then why are the council promoting bus lanes? Don’t answer to get people out of their cars as it won’t happen.

Because these have been requested by the operators, to improve the bus services  time-keeping - a major gripe of bus-users.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prince al said:

Then why are the council promoting bus lanes? Don’t answer to get people out of their cars as it won’t happen.

Wanting to promote modal shift to tackle congestion and climate change is not the same as having legal powers to regulate the bus companies. 

13 hours ago, prince al said:

Basically because the government wants them to.

The government  provide the money for transport schemes and the main thrust of their funding in recent years has been about promoting public transport and active travel ( walking and cycling).

A lot of people who use the bus also have a car. They just make the most appropriate choice for that journey.

Bus lanes help to speed up bus journeys and keep the journey times more consistent. Those are major factors in his viable the bus is as an alternative to car travel.

Bus lanes mostly don’t affect car journey times. The bus lanes generally end before a major junction, they just get the bus further towards the front of the queue at that junction. They don’t affect junction capacity which is the main cause of delays to general traffic. The bits in between the junctions are generally free flowing out of peak hours, so having a bus lane there doesn’t affect car drivers at all.

All local authorities across the country are implementing the same types of bus priority measures and schemes to encourage active travel, because that’s what the government will give them the money to do and those schemes fit with local, regional and national policy. Local Authorities generally have policies which reflect those of central government because that’s where the money comes from.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 09/11/2021 at 10:04, Jack Grey said:

Im not sure what im gonna do.

I live at Park Hill flats and i drive a work van so its gonna cost me £10.00 a day plus the £50.00 a month i pay to park outside my flat.

Thats over £350 a month because i live in the city centre.

So i'll have to quit my job which i just cant afford to do at the moment

😡 😡 😡 😡 😡

But yet can afford to go to Florida for the whole winter. Aye ok.