How Many Books Do You Read A Year?

It depends on the book. I read my last Pat Barker in two days, others may take a bit longer. It also depends on what I'm doing....long train journey tomorrow then two nights in a hotel in the middle of nowhere plus the train journey back...I'll probably take 3 books.

I use to buy the odd book from charity shops.  Last year I was walking through the  Library and they had a sale on, selling books they no longer needed.  I bought a book for 50p and finally got round to reading it just after Christmas.  It was very good so I went back to the library looking for more books by the same author to borrow.  It takes me about 2 to 3 weeks to read a book, but I now go to the Library about every six weeks.

I’m ashamed to say I didn’t know how to use the self service machines at first because I’ve never used the Library for years and had to be shown by the librarian.

Reading books wasn’t a new New Year’s resolution, I just happened to enjoy reading a book I bought from the Library sale at the beginning of the year.

It all depends, i read a recent release by the author of the dry in 2 days, the last Reacher in 3 days, but i've  just read the latest Connelly and it has been a drag to find the time and nearly 3 weeks to complete it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2019 at 08:47, hauxwell said:

I use to buy the odd book from charity shops.  Last year I was walking through the  Library and they had a sale on, selling books they no longer needed.  I bought a book for 50p and finally got round to reading it just after Christmas.  It was very good so I went back to the library looking for more books by the same author to borrow.  It takes me about 2 to 3 weeks to read a book, but I now go to the Library about every six weeks.

I’m ashamed to say I didn’t know how to use the self service machines at first because I’ve never used the Library for years and had to be shown by the librarian.

Reading books wasn’t a new New Year’s resolution, I just happened to enjoy reading a book I bought from the Library sale at the beginning of the year.

As a librarian - love this, well done hauxwell! If we don't use libraries, they disappear. Never worry about asking a librarian anything, that is what we are there for.