Worksop Station Car Park

Meadowhell Interchange car parking is for travellers only but there is no way of checking.

I left my car there for two weeks when I was in america once, but as I had got a train to Ringway from there, I suppose technically I was legitimately parking there but probably not within the spirit of the rules.

Most "Northern" run stations have signs in their car parks detailing terms and conditions of use.

In three of four stations today (not Worksop) I read that the car parking is for rail users only and when asked they must show a valid  travel ticket to an authorized member of rail staff.

Meadowhall is now operated by "Northern" and bored Revenue Protection Inspectors do sometimes ask people  coming from the car park where they are travelling to. If "shopping" is the answer they can be asked to move.

How enforceable any of these are I don't know but I would be very wary of arguing with RPIs on railway property, they have a whole different set of laws, both civil and statute, to play with as do ports and airports.

Edited by Annie Bynnol

Thanks for that Annie, it seems plausible that there would be some deterrence to non-ticket holders as commuters to the town etc could fill up the park.

The reason I asked is that someone I know was considering parking his van there for several hours whilst he was working on a nearby street that has permit parking until 6pm.

Edited by carosio

On 10/07/2019 at 09:24, carosio said:

Thanks for that Annie, it seems plausible that there would be some deterrence to non-ticket holders as commuters to the town etc could fill up the park.

The reason I asked is that someone I know was considering parking his van there for several hours whilst he was working on a nearby street that has permit parking until 6pm.

Worksop station is a bit far out from the centre and there are estates nearby where people can park for free anyway, so probably not a big issue with commuters.

10 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Worksop station is a bit far out from the centre and there are estates nearby where people can park for free anyway, so probably not a big issue with commuters.

Totally agree- if I was going to the town centre but I nor the OPs friend are, so what is the point of your reply?

This post is about a non-railway user who is thinking of parking a van at Worksop station car park while working at an address on a street with restricted daytime parking.

It has nothing to do with commuters or free parking or Worksop town centre.

If the OP had asked for information about free parking for commuters near the town centre I would have not replied as I don't know. 

I would not have even replied with a vague, irrelevant and so unhelpful opinion.

I was only commenting on Carsios suggestion that commuters would be a problem in this specific car park.

11 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Totally agree- if I was going to the town centre but I nor the OPs friend are, so what is the point of your reply?

This post is about a non-railway user who is thinking of parking a van at Worksop station car park while working at an address on a street with restricted daytime parking.

It has nothing to do with commuters or free parking or Worksop town centre.

If the OP had asked for information about free parking for commuters near the town centre I would have not replied as I don't know. 

I would not have even replied with a vague, irrelevant and so unhelpful opinion.

Why so rude, you can't even be bothered to follow the thread apparently.  Feel free to not reply to me either, in fact I'd encourage that.

On 10/07/2019 at 09:24, carosio said:

it seems plausible that there would be some deterrence to non-ticket holders as commuters to the town etc could fill up the park

Did you not see this sentence, which I actually quoted and replied to?

Edited by Cyclone

The Aldi/railway station area is the only area I'm familiar with, didn't consider how far away it is from the town centre. As far as parking goes, it appears somewhat more relaxed than a big city like Sheffield, nevertheless it's better to be wary especially in places like railway car parks.

He is considering going on a Sunday (no permit restrictions), although that presents other issues as more workers are at home.

Generally speaking, it must be a very challenging for tradesman and delivery drivers, particularly if they're new to the job.