Maxfield Family

JP58

Hi, I’m a newbie, so hello everyone.

I am looking for any help or knowledge anyone may have on the Maxfield family, as i’m Related to them and doing my family tree. The Maxfields in question are descended from Thomas Maxfield b. 1863 who married Helen Martha Glossop, and they had 4 kids:

Thomas Edgar Maxfield b.1891

Gertrude Alice Maxfield b.1889 along with her twin Sarah Furness Maxfield who died about 9 moths old

Martha Helen Maxfield b. 1888

I know Thomas Edgar’s descendants ended up in Canada, Gertrude’s in Leeds and Martha’s in the Derbyshire area. I am on Gertrude’s line and would love to hear from any descendants.

also any info any has on generation before this and in particular where the “Furness” or “Furness” name comes in as it has been used as a middle name for some of the descendants.

thanks again......

There was a Jim Maxfield who lived on Balmoral Road in Woodhouse. He was a coach proprietor (Maxfield Coaches). He had a son by the name off "Nobby" who took the business over from him

Jim lived next door to one of our family members and I remember him from the mid 1940's to around 1953. Then my family members moved to a new built house in Handsworth

I remember seeing Nobby around driving one of the coaches (I think he had 2 no) un til the early 1960's. After that I moved away from Swallownest to Driffield in East Yorkshire

I think Nobby joined his father after National Service so if still alive will be approaching 90/92 years old

I am sure that you will receive many replies from Woodhouse and Ex Woodhouse people about Maxfields because Jim and Noccy were very well known in the area

Good Luck - Victor - Malaysia