Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

ThatYank

17 minutes ago, ALAN 58 said:

Give Bullen the job  and  let him get on with it. Leave the big time charlies in the studio,s  to critisize  others on something they did do themselves and thats why most of them are out of a job , they have failed. Bring in the new generation they have to start somewhere..

Might be worth seeing how he does until Xmas then evaluate. Not sure who I'd want, even if guardiola chucked his hat in I'd still not be sure if he was right choice

30 minutes ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Yeah Padders, I don't know how Wilder does what he does, but he's done it wherever he's been.

I assume that you've played football (along with 99.9% of people on the footie forum, I assume) as I have, and NEVER, EVER did I need a manager to cajole me in to giving 100%.

Most of the players I played with, automatically gave 100% and were distraught if we didn't win. We were unconsolable if we lost.

Players who didn't give 100% stood out like a sore thumb, and didn't play for us long.

No-one will ever tell me it's the Manager's fault when players don't try.

Wrong team choice, yes, wrong tactics, yes, but NEVER lack of effort.

Eleven Professional players giving their all are hard to beat.

I've seen lethargy loads of time at Hillsborough, and it makes me angry.

Never saw it under Ron Atkinson. Strange that innit?

The big time Charlies soon get the mardies on Hots..

Yes I played footie 3 seasons with Atlas and Norfolk (Firth Browns) and always gave my best..

What I did"nt like was our strip, yellow and green squares :gag: , however on one or two occasions we used our away strip, which, unbeknown to me was red and white stripes  (sorry not my fault) I used to run on to the pitch, puff my chest out, and I was Jimmy Hagan for 90 minutes.

And it got better, I purchased my first pair of continentals from Suggs.. no more Jimmy Hagan for me, Ferenc Puskas had arrived.

It got that good Chesterfield F C. approached me Tony Mc"shane was the manager, caught the bus to Saltergate and had a trial, come back next week they told me.. a week later I"m sat waiting patiently for the taxi to arrive, never arrived, my career had nose dived and I had"nt even got an agent. What might have been eh, me along side Bobby Charlton, Wembley 1966.

41 minutes ago, Padders said:

The big time Charlies soon get the mardies on Hots..

Yes I played footie 3 seasons with Atlas and Norfolk (Firth Browns) and always gave my best..

What I did"nt like was our strip, yellow and green squares :gag: , however on one or two occasions we used our away strip, which, unbeknown to me was red and white stripes  (sorry not my fault) I used to run on to the pitch, puff my chest out, and I was Jimmy Hagan for 90 minutes.

And it got better, I purchased my first pair of continentals from Suggs.. no more Jimmy Hagan for me, Ferenc Puskas had arrived.

It got that good Chesterfield F C. approached me Tony Mc"shane was the manager, caught the bus to Saltergate and had a trial, come back next week they told me.. a week later I"m sat waiting patiently for the taxi to arrive, never arrived, my career had nose dived and I had"nt even got an agent. What might have been eh, me along side Bobby Charlton, Wembley 1966.

If I recall, Jimmy Hagan and Ferenc Puskas didn't run around a lot, they could perform their silky skills stood still (was that like you ?)  Puskas  only needed to pull his left boot back only a foot and the ball left it rocket launch style. As for the 1966 WCF (53 years ago yesterday) perhaps you could have played instead of Nobby Stiles, I never thought he was England class.

9 minutes ago, St Petre said:

If I recall, Jimmy Hagan and Ferenc Puskas didn't run around a lot, they could perform their silky skills stood still (was that like you ?)  Puskas  only needed to pull his left boot back only a foot and the ball left it rocket launch style. As for the 1966 WCF (53 years ago yesterday) perhaps you could have played instead of Nobby Stiles, I never thought he was England class.

I was earning more money than a professional footballer back then.. fast forward to the modern era I would be now worth about 90 million, and on about £350,000 a week. just born at the wrong time. :hihi:.

16 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Nobby Stiles may well have not been England's number 4 in 1966 if Duncan Edwards had survived the Munich air disaster or Tony Kay hadn't received a life ban.

Same applies to Jack Charlton and Peter Swan.

9 minutes ago, abbeyedges said:

Nobby Stiles may well have not been England's number 4 in 1966 if Duncan Edwards had survived the Munich air disaster or Tony Kay hadn't received a life ban.

Same applies to Jack Charlton and Peter Swan.

Yes I agree,  and both Stiles and Bobby Moore might not have been sure of their places either as 'Big Dunc' could play on either side. If I recall the England sides in the early 60s ,the FA Selection committee favoured London based players, Alf Ramsey was the first manager allowed to pick his own team and there were four of them in the final and another three,  However, there were two Blackpool FC players in the squad, imagine that these days ?

24 minutes ago, Padders said:

Benito Cabone now in the frame.

Always makes me laugh how very parochial the clubs around S. Yorks / N. Derbyshire are when it comes to looking for & appointing new managers.   You only after look at Danny Wilson's CV.

Fair enough, it's worked occasionally for the Blades with Warnock & Wilder is now doing a good job but I think SWFC should be looking beyond former players or those with links to Sheffield, unless of course you were going to go for the likes of Nigel Pearson, who I believe has already ruled himself out. 

Strange that SWFC no longer get former players who used to big themselves up every time the manager's position became vacant, such as the likes of Waddle & Hirst, fancying the job any more? 

It must be considered a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment? 

Edited by Baron99

23 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Always makes me laugh how very parochial the clubs around S. Yorks / N. Derbyshire are when it comes to looking for & appointing new managers.   You only after look at Danny Wilson's CV.

Fair enough, it's worked occasionally for the Blades with Warnock & Wilder is now doing a good job but I think SWFC should be looking beyond former players or those with links to Sheffield, unless of course you were going to go for the likes of Nigel Pearson, who I believe has already ruled himself out. 

Strange that SWFC no longer get former players who used to big themselves up every time the manager's position became vacant, such as the likes of Waddle & Hirst, fancying the job any more? 

It must be considered a bit of a poisoned chalice at the moment? 

Hirst has never sounded out the job and Waddle has been out of the game for years, your post is nonsense.