Whos Going To Be The New Swfc Manager? Garry Monk appointed.

ThatYank

The problem when you see a list of managers is that unless Pep Guardiola or Klopp are on it they all seem a little uninspiring, there's no guarantee that a particular man will work well or badly at a particular club, David Wagner's only had a short managerial career with Dortmund's reserve side before coming to England and did remarkably with Huddersfield, Nuno Santos was largely unknown here yet not only stormed the Championship got a very healthy 7th place in the Prem, even Chris Wilder was seen as a step back for many when he was plucked from lowly Northampton, it takes many factors to gain promotion and the manager is just a cog in the wheel (albeit a large one). Whoever is named will get my backing and be judged on what they do for SWFC not for what they have done previously.

1 hour ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

Most Wednesday things shouldn't be a Blade's business really, but it doesn't stop most of 'em having a (usually) negative opinion on what's happening. Even very positive Wednesday stuff draws negative Blade comments. I'm not a lover of anything United, but I could steady myself to suggest what would be a sensible, feasible replacement for Wilder should the situation arise. I wouldn't suggest Pele or Theresa May for instance.

Just for jolly, should Wilder leave, or retire today (18th July 2019) who would Blades want to replace him?

I'm sure it wouldn't be Schteeve!

I forgot about Jokanavic.

I'd love him to join us.

He had a very good, attractive side at Fulham. Just the style and (potential) 'success' I'd relish.

Theresa May and Pele haven’t managed in the Championship, Schteeve McClaren has

37 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

The problem when you see a list of managers is that unless Pep Guardiola or Klopp are on it they all seem a little uninspiring, there's no guarantee that a particular man will work well or badly at a particular club, David Wagner's only had a short managerial career with Dortmund's reserve side before coming to England and did remarkably with Huddersfield, Nuno Santos was largely unknown here yet not only stormed the Championship got a very healthy 7th place in the Prem, even Chris Wilder was seen as a step back for many when he was plucked from lowly Northampton, it takes many factors to gain promotion and the manager is just a cog in the wheel (albeit a large one). Whoever is named will get my backing and be judged on what they do for SWFC not for what they have done previously.

Your right, it's a gamble whoever. Bullen is now favourite with the bookies and reckons he's ready so we'll see

So David Moyes is availlable. Don't know what he has been up to since Man U where he was somewhat scapegoated.However, he was solid with Everton for several years. Scottish managers have a great reputation generally in English football over the last 50 years or more. Hey ,why not if he is not too expensive and doesn't have issues with the Championship?

Edited by Ontarian1981

Reading between the lines it,s Bully,s job if he wants it . It appears that a decision will be made when they return from Germany , and he has spoken with DC. or at least thats how i read it.  There is no doubt he has the respect of the players  and he has been around the club long enough to know what  everyone wants especially the fans.  I would think in the time he has been coaching and assisting other managers  he now knows the ropes to take on the role of manager, we have a decent squad of players  and i,m sure LB will have his own ideas of how we go about  being competetive and gaining promotion. We could do far worse than giving LB the job and I for one won,t be to disappointed if he gets it, even though my  choice was Hughton or Jocanovic.  Lets just get it sorted and get on with the job.  

3 hours ago, Hotmale 1954 said:

He's got nice weather in Qatar, but, it's not real football is it?

The Championship is the place to be, closely followed by the Premier League and then a very weak La Liga.

Being in Qatar is like Lewis Hamilton competing in the UK Go-Cart Championships.

Buy Joko out, and do it now.

Final answer.

I think you have the answer right under your noses.Give the lad the job.