Urination In Public

54 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Not recent no, but when I reluctantly used them in the past, the number which were u/s do to physical damage amazed me.

I have seen similar wanton vandalism in some facilities on commercial premises, and know of at least one establishment which now has a combination lock on the main access door in an attempt to protect the facilities.

If they were properly funded and staffed it wouldn't be a problem.

13 minutes ago, Padders said:

William Hills at Firth Pk.. you have to ask for the key, due to vandalism.

Not the one I was thinking about, but I'm sure there are others too.

10 minutes ago, Halibut said:

If the brain-dead didn't vandalise them, it would be even less of a problem.

As an aside, why do you think almost all new or refurbished public facilities are now of steel construction, with concealed piping? Exactly - in an attempt to protect them from the zombies.

22 minutes ago, Halibut said:

Staffed public toilets? 

Shops, cafes, restaurants etc etc should all be incentivised to open their toilets to the public (without needed to purchase anything first). 

4 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Staffed public toilets? 

Shops, cafes, restaurants etc etc should all be incentivised to open their toilets to the public (without needed to purchase anything first). 

And risk them being vandalised? OK, the risk is, I suppose, fairly low, but any damage means they out of action, and are going to cost the establishment to repair - and they will be unavailable to anyone.

Edited by RollingJ

10 hours ago, prolific said:

lack of public bogs dont help

But there are plenty of toilets you can sneakily use - station, pubs, McDonalds.

Wasn't there some sort of initiative years ago where the council linked up with places to offer public toilets to save running their own?

2 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

But there are plenty of toilets you can sneakily use - station, pubs, McDonalds.

Wasn't there some sort of initiative years ago where the council linked up with places to offer public toilets to save running their own?

The station charge, at least until you move to platform 8.

But yes, there was such an initiative.

20 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

The station charge, at least until you move to platform 8.

But yes, there was such an initiative.

From my experience at Sheffield - I assume that is the station you are referring to - none of the platform facilities have a charge, only the one on the main concourse.

34 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

From my experience at Sheffield - I assume that is the station you are referring to - none of the platform facilities have a charge, only the one on the main concourse.

Right, that's what I meant, on the main concourse you have to pay.  I'm not sure if every platform has a facility or not, but platforms 6-8 do.

10 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

Right, that's what I meant, on the main concourse you have to pay.  I'm not sure if every platform has a facility or not, but platforms 6-8 do.

I've not checked every platform, but 2+3 do have, so I assume 4+5 do.