Jussie Smollet

I am surprised to see a lack of commentary on this case.  I couldn't find a thread about it.

The special prosecuter will be sought and will investigate this case.  It will highlight corruption that leads all the way up to the Obama family.

What are your opinions on this foul human?

I think he needs a substantial prison sentence, not exceeding 10 years.

13 minutes ago, Halibut said:

What's the crime he's alleged to have committed?

On February 20, 2019, Smollett was charged by a grand jury with a class 4 felony for filing a false police report.The next day, Smollett surrendered himself at the Chicago Police Department's Central Booking station. Shortly thereafter, CPD spokesman Anthony Guglielmi stated that Smollett "is under arrest and in the custody of detectives".  On March 26, 2019, all charges filed against Smollett were dropped, with Judge Steven Watkins ordering the public court file sealed.  First Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Magats said the office reached a deal with Smollett's defense team in which prosecutors dropped the charges upon Smollett performing 16 hours of community service and forfeiting his $10,000 bond.  On March 27, 2019, it was announced that the FBI would be investigating as to why the charges were dismissed.

I cannot see anything about the Obama family, maybe James has a grievance with them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jussie_Smollett#Personal_life

10 minutes ago, El Cid said:

On February 20, 2019, Smollett was charged by a grand jury with a class 4 felony for filing a false police report.The next day, Smollett surrendered himself at the Chicago Police Department's Central Booking station. Shortly thereafter, CPD spokesman Anthony Guglielmi stated that Smollett "is under arrest and in the custody of detectives".  On March 26, 2019, all charges filed against Smollett were dropped, with Judge Steven Watkins ordering the public court file sealed.  First Assistant State's Attorney Joseph Magats said the office reached a deal with Smollett's defense team in which prosecutors dropped the charges upon Smollett performing 16 hours of community service and forfeiting his $10,000 bond.  On March 27, 2019, it was announced that the FBI would be investigating as to why the charges were dismissed.

I cannot see anything about the Obama family, maybe James has a grievance with them?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jussie_Smollett#Personal_life

The allegation is that Michelle Obama helped Michelle Foxx intervene to get the charges dropped.

I actually quite like the Obamas, especially Michelle. 

10 minutes ago, Mister M said:

There was a thread on it. Unfortunately it had to be closed down because prejudiced people on this forum used the opportunity to make offensive remarks.

Which is prolly why this one's been started, let the prejudice begin, 1,2,3.....go