Jussie Smollet

12 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Um..No. The same is true of someone who faked a hate crime. 

The example given was hypothetical. That means that it was not referencing anybody, but given as a hypothetical example to illustrate the problem with your earlier comment. 

Of course your actions were wrong.

If proved to be wrong in a court of law.

9 hours ago, Waj said:

Of course your actions were wrong.

If proved to be wrong in a court of law.

So it wouldn’t be wrong to murder someone if I got away with it and was never caught?

Note that my comment said that ‘If i murdered someone..’ not, if I was suspected of murdering someone. In the hypothetical scenario, I did murder someone. My actions would still be wrong, yes? 

Edited by Robin-H

Never forget what this  would have happened if this disgusting waste of space didn't botch this fake hate crime so badly. Two innocent men would be in jail and their lives would be destroyed.

Wasn't it strange that the same week Corey Booker and Kamala Harris pushed their Anti Lynching Bill through the senate that an actor fakes a hate crime with a noose. 

It's also strange that the two brothers he hired for the fake attack are now suing Jussie Smollett’s Attorneys for defamation. mmmm.

The details of the crime make for horrific reading.

He alleged that a noose was thrown over his neck.  This is extremely powerful symbolism.  What an odious creature.

This would have caused severe distress to local black people, and local right wingers.  It will make it harder for people who are the victims of a hate crime to get the justice they deserve.

11 hours ago, Waj said:

To clear things up.

Wanting to shine a light on injustice, racism and inequality is a good thing. Anyone disagree with that?

Yes it's a good thing.  It has nothing to do with this case though.  The Police say he was wanting to increase his salary.

15 hours ago, Waj said:

To clear things up.

Wanting to shine a light on injustice, racism and inequality is a good thing. Anyone disagree with that?

No , I don't disagree with that . I said as much in a much earlier post .

Wanting to shine a light on injustice , racism and inequality by faking a hate crime is a bad thing. Do you agree or disagree with that ?

4 hours ago, JamesR123 said:

The details of the crime make for horrific reading.

He alleged that a noose was thrown over his neck.  This is extremely powerful symbolism.  What an odious creature.

This would have caused severe distress to local black people, and local right wingers.  It will make it harder for people who are the victims of a hate crime to get the justice they deserve.

Yes it's a good thing.  It has nothing to do with this case though.  The Police say he was wanting to increase his salary.

Bold

If the police have proof of this then they should arrest him.

4 minutes ago, Waj said:

Bold

They have arrested him.

Why are you commenting on something you quite clearly know nothing about?

Before venturing further opinions, please read about what has happened.

8 minutes ago, Waj said:

Bold

They did arrest him, and they had more than ample proof that he faked the hate crime (if you don't believe me, read the case files). 

The reason why the prosecution dropped the case isn't because they didn't have any proof, hence why there is now an enquiry into exactly that. 

10 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

They did arrest him, and they had more than ample proof that he faked the hate crime (if you don't believe me, read the case files). 

The reason why the prosecution dropped the case isn't because they didn't have any proof, hence why there is now an enquiry into exactly that. 

Why did they drop it?

14 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

They have arrested him.

Why are you commenting on something you quite clearly know nothing about?

Before venturing further opinions, please read about what has happened.

But he wasnt charged or imprisoned. Therefore in the eyes of the law he is innocent and these allegations are just that. Allegations.

19 minutes ago, Waj said:

Why did they drop it?

But he wasnt charged or imprisoned. Therefore in the eyes of the law he is innocent and these allegations are just that. Allegations.

That's what the enquiry is hoping to find out. 

The official reason given was that because Smollett had agreed to do community service, and agreed to forfeit his $10,000 bond, they didn't think it was necessary to continue with the case at that was an appropriate resolution. If he had been found guilty, his likely punishment would have been community service and a fine anyway.  

Edited by Robin-H