Fish and Chips £11!!

Best for Fish and Chips in paper ................and the winner is WHITBY

A Large Cod and Chips in Mr Chips in Whitby is about £4.50, but you will struggle to eat it all, and one Medium cod between two is enough! I don't like batter very much, but I can trough theirs quite happily. Plus, this is the best chippy in Whitby, as voted by the locals, even better than The Magpie. :thumbsup:

watching the news this morning, a portion of fish and chips around England now average out at around £5!!

Harry Ramsdens in Cardiff £11!!

Ive been there its really good!

Plus its a resturant not a takeaway fish and chip so its bound to be more than about 3 quid

why isn't it- it was a proper fish and proper chips when i went?

I must have gone on a bad day or something. There were hardly any chips, they were a bit cold and just not like proper chip shop chips if you see what I mean! More like chips you'd cook at home... And the gravy was cold :(

I must have gone on a bad day or something. There were hardly any chips, they were a bit cold and just not like proper chip shop chips if you see what I mean! More like chips you'd cook at home... And the gravy was cold :(

yes, you must have :lol:

Id like to add that its a resturant as far as i can remember, not a takeaway, and gravy with fish and chips?? are you mad!!?!?

Yes I know but that's my point - I can never understand why people get fish and chips in a pub or restaurant! I know Ramsden's is a little different lol but what I mean is I like proper chips eaten from the paper on a bench or by the sea or something - yum!!

I didn't have fish - just chips and gravy ;) Blimey I didn't realise one comment about Harry blummin Ramsden's could be so controversial :D

Well after reading this thread I have gotten to craving for English fish and chips - haven't had any proper fish and chips for almost 2 years now :(

How I long for a good piece of cod :(

The fish is not the same down under - the best chippy I recall from Sheffield and surrounding areas are:

beckets manor top (also known as manor top fish bar)

Doncaster market - chip shop on corner of road - award winning fish and chips

Worksop - Dawsons just down from the train station

ah I can almost tast the north atlantic cod...

Magpie Reataurant in Whitby does superb fish and chips but costs a lot. Afew weeks ago I had their Monkfish with chips and Bread & butter. About £13, and do you know, it was worth every penny. 6 big pieces of fish in crispy batter and home made chips.

Too many chippies now produce a batter thats crisp on the outside but almost runny on the inside.

BBCB - Bring Back Crispy Batter

yes, you must have :lol:

Id like to add that its a resturant as far as i can remember, not a takeaway, and gravy with fish and chips?? are you mad!!?!?

'cos every one knows the only thing to put on fish and chips is Hendersons relish, anything else is second best.

Archived