Fish and Chips £11!!

Well after reading this thread I have gotten to craving for English fish and chips - haven't had any proper fish and chips for almost 2 years now :(

that's cause you live in canberra :)

there's tons of good fish'n'chips in sydney.

in fact, i find most of the english chippies way too greasy...

watching the news this morning, a portion of fish and chips around England now average out at around £5!!

Harry Ramsdens in Cardiff £11!!

where is the cheapest? but has to be quality lol

my starting offer is Castle Chippy in the Market @ £2.55

Big Johns in Erdington in Birmingham. £1.39 for a large fish and chips.

watching the news this morning, a portion of fish and chips around England now average out at around £5!!

Harry Ramsdens in Cardiff £11!!

where is the cheapest? but has to be quality lol

my starting offer is Castle Chippy in the Market @ £2.55

That’s a whale of a price — even for Harry Ramsden’s! But that’s Wales for you. All those sheep and it’s difficult to find a bacon sarnie.

A fiver for fish and chips isn't that expensive.

Talking near that for a McDs meal, with their huge multi-national size, where the meat in it costs 1p, or is it the bun?

An independent fish 'n' chips shop is passing on the rising cost of buying fish for our national dish, thanks to the EU, with barely any extra profit for themselves but it is still a veritable, tantalising British treat of the highest order, even with the cost of it rising.

Last week on a day trip we paid £12.40 for chips (inedible) and fish, no peas or anything else, from a shop on "chip alley" in Skegness opposite Wilkinsons. An expensive lesson. We went there cos last time they were lovely. Mind you it was about 10 years ago.

Davians chipshop in rotherham (near where I live) £1.70 for chips, fish, rissole or sausage and beans, peas or curry. Not bad eh! Or £1.20 for same as before but no fish. Good portion sizes

must agree with you there! cant beat the price of davians fish and chips and the quality is good as well. by far the worst has to be baz's fish n chips on badsley moor lane rotherham. its sooo greasy and horrible!

Archived