Fish and Chips £11!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a weekend away in the lakes, the tradition is for the first evening meal to be fish and chips from the Old Keswickian (in Keswick obviously) and eat them out of the paper sat on the bench outside the Moot hall however it was persisting it down with rain so we ate inside, same top quality but with a £1.50 price premium for waitress service, sitting at at table in the dry and eating from a plate with a knife and fork.......... Wish I was still in the lakes rather than back at work!

I used to go to the orginal "harry ramsdens" at Guisley and he would turn in his grave if he saw what meadowhall sells as fish and chips. If you haven,nt had fish and chips from harry ramsdens orginal first shop you dont no what you missed they were perfect and he was a gentleman to boot

by the way it was 1959 cost two shilling and sixpence

My current favourite chippy is the Norwood chippy on Herries Rd. Not too expensive roughly £3 for fish n chips but if it was more expensive I'd still pay as they taste grrrrrrrrrrrreat. Even better with their excellent curry sauce. :D

Phoenix on woodseats is good too though. Kaz n Julie have been there for ages now. :hihi:

Watching the news this morning, a portion of fish and chips around England now average out at around £5!!

Harry Ramsdens in Cardiff £11!!

where is the cheapest? but has to be quality lol

my starting offer is Castle Chippy in the Market @ £2.55

Magnet Roundabout, Southey Hill, Southey.

Quality Fish & Chips for £3.25

. . . also sells real Sheffield Fishcakes.

Archived