2018/2019 Recommended Tradesmen Megathread No Advertising/Jobs/Quotes

I'd like to recommend (and thank) handyman Lee Rodgers. He's done an amazing job redecorating for me. I thought I was going to need to get so many different tradespeople in but he's dealt with everything. He works really quickly; I can see why he's earned the nickname leapy Lee! He's also very tidy. I'll be asking him to come back and decorate other rooms for me when he's free. Lee's contact number is 07946 237 432.

We are delighted with the work done by Whiteclffes builders. They have removed doors, installed windows, knocked out a fireplace for a display cabinet and fitted a new kitchen. The work started on the agreed date and took the time anticipated.

Eric, who owns the company, managed the project for us and was on-site nearly every day. He was courteous and friendly, as were his top-notch builders, Nigel and Owen (father and son). Nigel's tenet was "there are no problems, only solutions", which was borne out by the highly professional workmanship.

Very importantly to us, there were no gaps, the job was continuous from start to finish, including the presence of sub-contracted gas fitters and electricians, a streamlined process from our perspective. At the end of the job a few minor tweaks were necessary, these were attended to promptly and without question.

Everybody involved was so focused on what needed to be done and went the extra mile to make sure everything was just right. We are over the moon with the end result and wholeheartedly commend this company.

I'd like to recommend (and thank) handyman Lee Rodgers. He's done an amazing job redecorating for me. I thought I was going to need to get so many different tradespeople in but he's dealt with everything. He works really quickly; I can see why he's earned the nickname leapy Lee! He's also very tidy. I'll be asking him to come back and decorate other rooms for me when he's free. Lee's contact number is 07946 237 432.

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated

Lee

S6

Hi All,

I am interested to know if anyone in Sheffield has used Mo Yaqoob of Blue Gas Services?

I am thinking of using him for my boiler install (he is an approved Atag installer) which I have, and also for my bathroom install.

Would love to hear from people who have used his services as he is not on any review sites like Check A Trade so I cannot check him out. I have already had one cowboy in so I am worried about making any more mistakes :(

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies and can help me make my mind up on this matter.

Tony :thumbsup:

Hi Tony,

A quick check on Google, typing in, "Blue Gas Services", and doing a company check reveals this company is dissolved. So, it won't be Blue Gas Services who will be fitting your boiler.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/06894942/BLUE-GAS-SERVICES-LIMITED/companies-house-data

I'm assuming you've been to the official ATAG heating website and clicked on "Find an Installer" ? This should bring up names of people in this area who are registered ATAG fitters. The other thing I would say is, they don't have to be registered ATAG fitters. So a reputable plumber with heating experience would be able to do it.

Hi DerbyTup,

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Yes I did click on the link on Atag and they sent me three names of installers and Blue Gas was one of them, just feel a little uncomfortable using someone without recommendations as the last person I used was an Atag approved installer but a right cowboy, I have reported them to Atag so see what happens but how they got to be approved in the first place is the question?

Also, Atag did say that anyone can install it so long as it is commissioned according to the installer manual, which I have. Obviously would prefer to use an Atag installer as again would not feel confident with someone who isn't, just had so many problems don't need anymore.

I am also looking for a bathroom installer if you know of any?

Many thanks,

Tony