Do you regret going to nightclubs?

Do you regret going to nightclubs?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regret going to nightclubs?

• No, I'm glad I started going.
    • Yes, i wish i had never started.
    • I have mixed feelings
    • I enjoyed it at the time but wouldn't want to go again.
    • I am glad and still go.
    • I like it now but intend to stop clubbing in the future

No clubs in toilets?? How would people manage drinking all that alcofrol? :loopy:

No I don't regret clubbing, I go all the time! I did nearly die in a club once but don't let that put you off :thumbsup:

Have you ever watched a programme called Peep Show Slim? You make me think you're kind of like Mark from that. I think you'd like it, watch it.

where did you get the idea that it's a controversial decision whether to start clubbing or not?

I don't know anyone over the age of 18 (or probably 16) who hasn't tried clubbing, so it can't be that controversial if everyone makes the same decision.

where did you get the idea that it's a controversial decision whether to start clubbing or not?

I don't know anyone over the age of 18 (or probably 16) who hasn't tried clubbing, so it can't be that controversial if everyone makes the same decision.

I mean controversial in the sense that the media is full of horror stories about clubs and nightlife generally (knives, drugs etc) but at the same time there is a natural urge to go out looking for a mate (in humans as in all other animals) and a natural curiosity about what clubs are like inside.

Therefore there are these two conflicting emotions and it seems to me that in most cases the desire for a mate overcomes the fear of danger. So, with this in mind I wonder if people with the benefit of hindsight regret making that choice or feel that they would have been better of not starting to go.

I have already said that I am in two minds on this in regards to my own case and would like to put this in some kind of wider context. many thanks to all those who have voted and posted as this is now possible.:thumbsup:

Therefore there are these two conflicting emotions and it seems to me that in most cases the desire for a mate overcomes the fear of danger. So, with this in mind I wonder if people with the benefit of hindsight regret making that choice or feel that they would have been better of not starting to go.

I think you're missing the point that not everybody (or even the majority) of people who go to nightclubs do so because they are 'looking for a mate'. It IS possible just to go to have a laugh with your mates you know!

I think you're missing the point that not everybody (or even the majority) of people who go to nightclubs do so because they are 'looking for a mate'. It IS possible just to go to have a laugh with your mates you know!

Exactly!

Apart from any thing else, clubs are really not, from my experience, a good place to meet a long time partner. I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm sure there are many people who have met at clubs and are very happy.

I've always met people I've been out with through work, or sport, or friends. Never go to a club looking to meet the man/woman of your dreams!

Also don't believe all that you read in the press Slim! I know you have been to Roxys before, did you see any evidence there of drugs or knives or anything?

And the ridiculous question of the day award goes tooo......

indeeedy its that firm favourite SID!

get over yourself, open the door, step out of it and see what happens.

just because youve read a few scare stories, heard a few rumours, know someone whos uncles, mothers monkey had a bad experience- do you expect it to happen to you? bad **** happens, but then dont go looking for it. you could get run over by a bus tomorrow crossing the road, it would be accidental and bad ****, but does that stop you from crossing the road?

sid, im failing miserably to muster any sympathy for you and your lack of social experience (women, going out, enjoying life) because you keep failing to take peoples advice and go and find out for yourself.

stop starting stupid, meaningless polls and go out and enjoy life. thats what its there for, do you want to get to be an old man and think what you missed in life? at this rate you are going to be a very sad lonely old man, and if my memory serves me right- you havent got that long to go.

sophie

x

Well said sophie...

I was just thinking something similar actually. How many threads have you started about clubs and girls and famous men with nice girls?

If you ask people for advice then please try and listen to it and act on it. I think everyone is starting to run out of suggestions to help you, cos it just doesn't seem to sink in at all! We're just going round and round in circles!

Just lighten up a bit, get out there and have some fun!

Archived