Do you regret going to nightclubs?

Do you regret going to nightclubs?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regret going to nightclubs?

• No, I'm glad I started going.
    • Yes, i wish i had never started.
    • I have mixed feelings
    • I enjoyed it at the time but wouldn't want to go again.
    • I am glad and still go.
    • I like it now but intend to stop clubbing in the future

did it make you feel personally threatened sid? If not, then what's the problem. I'm sure you get people offering to sell you double glazing in the supermarket foyer, do you look for someone to report them too as well?

I still don't see the 'controversy'. I could look up the word to prove my point, but I can't be bothered. Most teens go to a club because they enjoy going out with their friends and they like pushing the boundaries to see what they can get away with. Hence trying to get in when they are 16/17.

It's all part of growing up, the only people who might consider it controversial are their parents... Although if they are switched on, then they probably realise that it's normal as well and are happy as long as the kids are in a group who'll look after each other.

What a tosspot - Stop thinking/asking/worrying/posting about it and get yerself across the doors FFS! Sorry to be harsh but you're never gonna get a missus if this is what you're like.

"Come on Sid, lets go out for a nice meal"

"Oooh, but what if the chef hasn't got an up-to-date Food Hygene Certificate or a waiter hasn't washed his hands after some hand-to-mouth contact on his break".

"***** me, not this again - OK, we'll go to the cinema"

"I'm not going anywhere til I've seen copies of their Public Liability insurance certificates"

Etc etc etc :loopy:

did it make you feel personally threatened sid? If not, then what's the problem. I'm sure you get people offering to sell you double glazing in the supermarket foyer, do you look for someone to report them too as well?

Correct me if I'm wrong Cyclone, but as far as I am aware double glazing is not illegal and while such people may be a nusence they are not a threat.

(BTW - if anyone says to you "Can i interest you in double glazing" a good responce is "I doubt it - I don't find it a very interesting subject".)

Drugs on the other hand are both illegal and dangerous aqnd those who sell them are not averse to resorting to violence when it suits their purpose.

how would you know that given your lack of contact with those people?

Did you get beaten up in the incident you mentioned, or are you just being paranoid?

I didn't get beaten up no. The very fact that I was approached by a drug dealer in the first place is in itself a rather unnerving thing (for me at least). I don't know what circles you move in Cyclone (and don't wish to presume) but I don't mix with such people and have no desire to. I didn't know him, where he came from, if he was armed in any way, how violent he might be etc. I didn't initiate contact with him, but rather he with me. He was an unwelcome and uninvited intrusion.

Set aagainst this though I have had better experiences in clubs and this one incident on its own is not enough to make me wish I had never started going. However, it has to be listed on the debit side of the balance sheet so to speak in any honest assesment of the advantages and disadvantages I have experienced in clubs.

The fact that you find this tiny incident so upsetting really does show how far removed you are from real life. Get out there are confront the world - it's ugly and harsh but still beautiful.

People offer me drugs every day as I walk down my road to my tube stop, dressed in my suit for work. The fact that someone wandered over to you in a nightclub and asked if you fancied scoring something really itsn't that shocking, and it's a pretty pathetic reason never to go into a club again.

Honestly, as someone else said on this thread, it really is impossible to feel sorry for you Slim. You are the master of your own destiny, and your social inadequacies are all of your own making. :rolleyes:

Drugs on the other hand are both illegal and dangerous aqnd those who sell them are not averse to resorting to violence when it suits their purpose.

Are you Miss Marple, I can imagine you calling people "brutes" or "ruffians"

Now I have my theory of what the perfect date for him would be -

Sitting on the wheel on the bus (so its extra bouncy) with a copy of Emma Bunton in Pictures and a dirty sock :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Close but no cigar. I would like Emma to sit on my knee whilst on a number 81 bus preferably whilst wearing very tight hop-pants.:love:

Archived