Spot Vs Insect Bite. Can You Feel The Difference?!

4 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Over here, it's mosquitoes.Those little buggers will travel miles to bite me. Yet my wife hardly ever gets bit. Mind you they wouldn't dare. 😉

If you are outdoors a lot use repellent sprays,an ounce of prevention etc.

Tried repellent  in The Gambia waste ,of time and money over there. Still got bit 100,s of times per day  

13 hours ago, rudds1 said:

Tried repellent  in The Gambia waste ,of time and money over there. Still got bit 100,s of times per day  

It"s strange Rudds, I have been to all the hotspots over the years, sat round the pool and seen people covered in bites, yet Iv"e never been bitten.. never had a wasp sting either.

Thank you everyone for all the advice and suggestions. Ended up with some antihistamine cream. Itching has all but gone now, thank goodness, just a little bit of redness left now.

Bring on the cooler weather!! ;)

5 hours ago, Padders said:

It"s strange Rudds, I have been to all the hotspots over the years, sat round the pool and seen people covered in bites, yet Iv"e never been bitten.. never had a wasp sting either.

I haven't verified this tidbit of information myself, but, apparently, midges (not sure if other blood suckers too) prefer blood type O.

31 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Thank you everyone for all the advice and suggestions. Ended up with some antihistamine cream. Itching has all but gone now, thank goodness, just a little bit of redness left now.

Bring on the cooler weather!! ;)

I haven't verified this tidbit of information myself, but, apparently, midges (not sure if other blood suckers too) prefer blood type O.

Just googled that info Waldo, and yes Mosquitoes do prefer blood type O.

• 3 years later...

Was stung by a bumblebee 2 days ago whilst working on my car, didn't think too much of it for a few hours then it started itching. I scratched it and within minutes my wrist area where the ******* stung me swelled up and even now 48 hrs later it's red raw and swollen.

Hate summer