Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Everyone seems to agree that it is still eminently possible for parliament to block a no deal (through the mechanism I mentioned earlier). 

I therefore have two questions. Firstly, in that case, what is all the fuss about, and secondly, what was Boris hoping to achieve by doing it? 

1 minute ago, Robin-H said:

I therefore have two questions. Firstly, in that case, what is all the fuss about, and secondly, what was Boris hoping to achieve by doing it? 

Poorly advised or political naivety?

Or could it be that George Osborne is right after all and Johnson is the most likely person to scupper Brexit for good, by pushing it to the wire, being beaten then throwing his hands in the air and saying “I gave it my best shot”.

Let’s not forget that Johnson is a liberal €urophile from a family of liberal €urophiles who only lately adopted €uroscepticism as a tactic to appeal to the bonkers wing of his party to become Prime Minister.

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Let’s not forget that Johnson is a liberal €urophile from a family of liberal €urophiles who only lately adopted €uroscepticism as a tactic to appeal to the bonkers wing of his party to become Prime Minister.

Some of his family must have changed their minds then, because his father, sister and brother, stated publicly they were remainers before Boris got elected. 

4 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Some of his family must have changed their minds then, because his father, sister and brother, stated publicly they were remainers before Boris got elected. 

That's what TCH was saying. He is from a family of Europhiles. 

The sentence could be read either way, but I believe they were referring to Boris himself. 

21 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Johnson is a liberal €urophile from a family of liberal €urophiles who only lately adopted €uroscepticism

Johnson is a liberal Europhile, (from a family of liberal Europhiles), who only lately adopted Euroscepticism... 

18 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

The sentence could be read either way, but I believe they were referring to Boris himself. 

Not being picky but no it can’t.

The phrase “who only lately adopted .....................his party to become Prime Minister makes it clear that the reference is to Boris Johnson, as he is the only male family member seeking the premiership.

Just now, melthebell said:

Wasn't his brother too? Thought it was his dad that was a remainer?

I thought his brother (the Tory MP) was also a remainer, but I'm not sure on his currant stance?

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

Everyone seems to agree that it is still eminently possible for parliament to block a no deal (through the mechanism I mentioned earlier). 

Any attempt to block a no deal requires a level of cross-party co-operation that I just don't think is actually there.  Especially with Corbyn insisting that he be installed as PM.