Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

A reality check for both of you. You're both going to have to  accept whatever way our country leaves the EU on 31st October.   I hope some kind of deal or managed exit will happen, but if our country leaves the EU without a deal then I have no doubt our country will continue to prosper. We are all lucky to live in a democratic country and are much better off than the people of Hong Kong and Moscow who genuinely have something to complain and worry about.

And now you owe me a new ironymeter.

These things aren’t cheap you know (certainly not with a pound dropping like a stone).

49 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So what you are saying is that it is a mess but don’t panic, it could be worse if we lived in Moscow or Hong Kong.

You are starting to sound increasingly desperate! 🥴

I didn't say it is mess and gave Moscow and Hong Kong as examples of places where people live have something genuine to complain and worry about.

You're the one who is desperate to stay in the EU.  The solution to ease your desperation is to move to an EU member of which there will soon be twenty seven to choose from.

5 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I didn't say it is mess and gave Moscow and Hong Kong as examples of places where people live have something genuine to complain and worry about.

You're the one who is desperate to stay in the EU.  The solution to ease your desperation is to move to an EU member of which there will soon be twenty seven to choose from.

No thanks I already live in an EU state. I’m still fighting to keep things that way.

My kids are gone though. With all the talent they have. With all that investment from the UK taxpayer. Your loss is the EU’s gain. There will be a lot more of that to come once you lunatics have finished destroying the place.

16 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

No thanks I already live in an EU state. I’m still fighting to keep things that way.

My kids are gone though. With all the talent they have. With all that investment from the UK taxpayer. Your loss is the EU’s gain. There will be a lot more of that to come once you lunatics have finished destroying the place.

Well said - we should fight for for what we believe in, including democracy and a stable country.

All the brexiteers have done is devalue the £, drive investment overseas, split the country and promote xenophobia - apart from that it has been a success...

51 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Because the racist, lying, cheating woman hating PM has prorogued it - or haven't you been following the news?

I have been following it yes. 

How has proroguing parliament meant that MPs can no longer represent their wishes in parliament? Yes, parliament has been effectively shut down for a while, but then that has happened pretty much every year for hundreds and hundreds of years. Were you this angry during the summer recess, as MPs couldn't represent your wishes in parliament then either..

More importantly, there is still time both before and after the suspension of parliament for MPs to discuss and debate as they wish. 

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

This has already been sorted.

Promoters in Germany, France and Holland are arranging the printing of t-shirts and other merchandising for any touring UK bands unable to ship merchandise. And on the larger scale, a lot of tour merchandising is produced in Brussels and has been for at least two years now.

Live music is, and always has been international and does its best not to recognise borders.

So well done Brexiteers! You have already managed to export British printing jobs to the EU without even leaving!

Mentioned what you said to Atilla the stockbroker (whos been going since the early 80s and even though hes diy hes one of the bigger ones) and he has to disagree with what you said, here is his reply

I produce my own CDs and books, here, using small U.K. companies, and sell them at gigs, mainly here. I’m not going to get my poetry books and CDs printed in Belgium, that’s silly. For bands who do loads of T shirts etc of course that works. But it is completely ridiculous to have to ...

21 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I have been following it yes. 

How has proroguing parliament meant that MPs can no longer represent their wishes in parliament? Yes, parliament has been effectively shut down for a while, but then that has happened pretty much every year for hundreds and hundreds of years. Were you this angry during the summer recess, as MPs couldn't represent your wishes in parliament then either..

More importantly, there is still time both before and after the suspension of parliament for MPs to discuss and debate as they wish. 

I will type slowly so you can follow...

When Parliament doesn't sit - an MP cannot represent the electorate's wishes in Parliament.

When a scheduled shut down happens, the schedule has been planned, and therefore the timetable is effectively planned as well.

When a dictator shuts down the voice of the people without any warning, then effectively the voice of the people had been gagged.

Time to discuss and debate, perhaps, but not enact.

You sound as though you only think that parliament is a talking shop, not a place where decisions get made - and that is why this act of treason by the lying, cheating, racist PM should not go unchallenged.

We need actions, not words, and actions that are for the benefit of the UK as a whole, not just the moneyed Etonians that inhabit the Houses of Parliament or the racist, xenophobic shouty people who support his undemocratic actions.

4 minutes ago, Litotes said:

I will type slowly so you can follow...

When Parliament doesn't sit - an MP cannot represent the electorate's wishes in Parliament.

When a scheduled shut down happens, the schedule has been planned, and therefore the timetable is effectively planned as well.

When a dictator shuts down the voice of the people without any warning, then effectively the voice of the people had been gagged.

Time to discuss and debate, perhaps, but not enact.

You sound as though you only think that parliament is a talking shop, not a place where decisions get made - and that is why this act of treason by the lying, cheating, racist PM should not go unchallenged.

We need actions, not words, and actions that are for the benefit of the UK as a whole, not just the moneyed Etonians that inhabit the Houses of Parliament or the racist, xenophobic shouty people who support his undemocratic actions.

Don't patronise me. This is a discussion forum, not a kindergarten - we should be able to converse like adults. 

This did not come without warning. This session of Parliament has been the longest since the civil war - it started back in 2017. The fact that parliament was going to be prorogued soon would have been clear to pretty much everyone. The exact dates and the length of proroguement weren't known, and I'm sure this is partly down to Boris wanting to demonstrate his hardline stance to the EU in a (futile) attempt to get them to change tac, but he has not 'gagged the voice of the people'. MPs have already had ample votes on no deal. 

If you think this is bad, wait until they suddenly announce a surprise bank holiday to eat up more time...