Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

3 minutes ago, apelike said:

Glad you think so.... but one thing I do notice is how those with the money are somehow worried about the effects of brexit on the poor when its their own interests they are really concerned about.

Yeah, actually it's very much my own interests I care about as im not rich by some considerable distance. A no deal brexit will hurt me hard.

Speaking of deals, which Boris is so sure he's getting - does anyone know what he's asking for?

Edited by tinfoilhat

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

The fact that its not my definition.

I know and that is what I have done. Leave backers and remain backers have all made profits from this as it is just how the people involved in the money market, hedge funds and banking work. What I am pointing out it is not exclusively one sided.

Errm and which side will make millions at us going down the pan? Surely you don't want that but it's what they have bet on

20 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Errm and which side will make millions at us going down the pan? Surely you don't want that but it's what they have bet on

The guy isn't talking about 'Sides'...Mel.

If any Money is to be made...It will be by the Elite, as usual.

Nothing changes...But Everything Changes.

22 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Speaking of deals, which Boris is so sure he's getting - does anyone know what he's asking for?

Unbelievably, during an extensive interview with Andrew Marr this morning he gave absolutely no details of the current talks. And I think that Dominic Cummings must have instructed him to say ‘surrender act’ as many times as possible during the interview as he must have repeated it nine or ten times.

57 minutes ago, apelike said:

Glad you think so.... but one thing I do notice is how those with the money are somehow worried about the effects of brexit on the poor when its their own interests they are really concerned about.

Yup - Johnson / Cummings,  the ECG and Farage etc company keep spouting their concern for the people of the UK 😎

Edited by Longcol

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Glad you think so.... but one thing I do notice is how those with the money are somehow worried about the effects of brexit on the poor 

Really?

Those with money seem predominantly concerned about the ability of business and investment to continue properly after Brexit. I can’t remember seeing any evidence of them showing any concern for the poor, whatsoever.

It seems to be those on the left, trade unionists, some Labour MPs, the church, the EU and ironically the government’s own internal reports which have been pointing out the dangers of Brexit to the poor.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

But if Mays deal was accepted we would only have left in name and would still have to abide by many EU laws.

Do you think that if we'd left the day after the referendum it would all be sorted by now?

You know, new trade deals, the myriad of other agreements such as intelligence sharing, quality standards etc etc.

And any particular law that has a huge negative impact on the majority? I mean, we kept our own currency and opted out of Schengen when we were members.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

Wow, you do know those now 18 and 20 weren't allowed to vote don't you? As they were too young so getting off their are to vote doesn't mean anything, but they still suffer any consequences

So?   

That happens with every generation of under voting age at the time of a decision.  Happened to a  generation before that and so on. 

There has been and always will be some cut off.  You can't constantly be voting on things just to allow the next generation of eligible age group to have a say.  If you did nothing will ever get done.

There are lots of life-changing decisions made before I reached voting age but it did not give me the right to start complaining and demanding the result was changed just because I had eventually reached 16. 

It happened.  It was done.  It was for me as a young person at the time to make my own destiny and deal with it.

In my case it was dealing with the end of the the union stranglehold of the 70s the boom and bust of the 80s and the technological explosion of the 90s.

It's always unfair someone will scream - well yes it is.   Why should someone else make a decision about my life they will scream - well  that is unfortunately part of the transition from child to adult.

Unless we are going to lower voting age to the earliest moment when a child can hold a pen what exactly are we going to do about it.  

Edited by ECCOnoob