Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

11 minutes ago, apelike said:

No, the stats have shown the demographics of the type/makeup/social standing of the people who voted leave and that is all. Reasons for why they voted are very much up for debate as there is no conclusive evidence regarding that.

Because it was unnecessary as that is not down to the voters but the politicians dealing with how we leave. Don't forget it is they who made the rules.

Nigel Farage walks into a pub. "A pint of bitter please barman". The barman carefully pulls a pint and throws it in Nigel's face. "What was that for!" he splutters. "You said you wanted a pint of bitter, you never said how you wanted it delivered" "Can I change my mind?" "NO! Democracy init."

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

"Can I change my mind?" "NO! Democracy init."

Of course you can change your mind just like in a normal election only this time it depends of whether parliament will allow you to give it another go, which I very much doubt. They set out the democratic rules so complain to them. Parliament could of course just revoke A50 but for some reason they don't want to, I wonder why that is.... 

4 minutes ago, apelike said:

Of course you can change your mind just like in a normal election only this time it depends of whether parliament will allow you to give it another go, which I very much doubt. They set out the democratic rules so complain to them. Parliament could of course just revoke A50 but for some reason they don't want to, I wonder why that is.... 

THe Lib Dem’s do. Vote Lib Dem.

Just now, tinfoilhat said:

THe Lib Dem’s do. Vote Lib Dem.

The Lib/Dem's are a minority and will hardly get enough seats to form a government let alone get a majority in parliament for another referendum which no one wants, or to revoke A50. Just to remind you that Joe Swinson stated in 2008 that she wanted an in out referendum regarding the EU and since we have had one she does not like the result. Now she has become leader she has changed tact, see what I mean about not believing politicians....

4 minutes ago, apelike said:

The Lib/Dem's are a minority and will hardly get enough seats to form a government let alone get a majority in parliament for another referendum which no one wants, or to revoke A50. Just to remind you that Joe Swinson stated in 2008 that she wanted an in out referendum regarding the EU and since we have had one she does not like the result. Now she has become leader she has changed tact, see what I mean about not believing politicians....

She's changed her mind after 11 years and a bucket load of information I'd have thought. Back then the lib dems were keen on referendums, I'm not sure anyone is any more.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Reasons for why they voted are very much up for debate as there is no conclusive evidence regarding that.

They are not in the least bit up for debate.

Every post-referendum study agree that the three top reasons for voting Leave were

1. Immigration

2. Sovereignty

3. Payments to the EU.

Bendy bananas, blue passports, sticking it to the man etc. made up the remaining reasons.

1 hour ago, apelike said:

Because it was unnecessary as that is not down to the voters but the politicians dealing with how we leave. 

And how is that going?

26 minutes ago, CaptainSwing said:

[Or, rather, to globalised investors.  Whether or not they carry a UK passport is neither here nor there.  Indeed, it's these globalised investors who are the real "citizens of nowhere".]

This was the point that I was trying to make the other day to those thinking that Brexit was some great, flag-waving, nationalist exercise. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Post Brexit, the UK will simply be another cost centre in a global accounts book.

So not only are poor people being mugged off by Brexit, but so are nationalists. The reality is that Project Brexit is designed to benefit very few people. Even though some people may be satisfied to have their 2016 vote to leave enacted, that elation will soon wear off as they get older, poorer and sicker.

Do ex-miners from Barnsley and ex-shipyard workers from Sunderland really think that they are going to be better off if the UK leaves the EU.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

They are not in the least bit up for debate.

Every post-referendum study agree that the three top reasons for voting Leave were

1. Immigration

2. Sovereignty

3. Payments to the EU.

Or course they are as they are only polls and they all didn't agree the same. In any case that has nothing to do with the fact that the only question people were asked that can be quantified is if they voted leave or remain. Leave came out the winners so it does not matter what the top reasons were now. We were actually discussing that and I notice how you have now shifted emphasis.

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Do ex-miners from Barnsley and ex-shipyard workers from Sunderland really think that they are going to be better off if the UK leaves the EU.

There are many ways to be better off besides financially and that bit has yet to be determined.