Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

5 minutes ago, Longcol said:

So explain - a government with a small majority passes a statute to abolish opposition parties, packs out the Lords to make sure it gets onto the statute books - then what?

I refer the gentleman to post #362!

5 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I just demonstrated that your assertion anoyne over 18 can stand to be utterly baseless Drome.

That is sufficient.

No, you are just being pedantic for the sake of it as always and dont like being corrected.

The only bit you were correct about was this "Crucially idiots and lunatics - both terms with specific if outdated legal meanings are unable to stand too..."

Which is basically pretty obvious as I doubt they would be capable of filling in the forms or getting the deposit.

Edited by Dromedary

6 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

I refer the gentleman to post #362!

No, you are just being pedantic for the sake of it as always and dont like being corrected.

The only bit you were correct about was this "Crucially idiots and lunatics - both terms with specific if outdated legal meanings are unable to stand too..."

Which is basically pretty obvious as I doubt they would be capable of filling in the forms or getting the deposit.

I'm sorry. You said that anyone could enter with the clear intention to show that stupid people can enter Parliament.

I demonstrated that you are both wrong, and there are safeguards against this.

Would you like to quit whilst you are behind or do you need your nose rubbing in it further?

Edited by Obelix

7 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I don't think SF mods consider they are the arbiters of the British Constitution.

Now would you care to answer my question.

Sorry my mistake, maybe.. But I refer you to #368 instead!

5 minutes ago, Obelix said:

I'm sorry. You said that anyone could enter with the clear intention to show that stupid people can enter Parliament.

No I did not. I said:

"No it does not as anyone over 18 regardless of education or qualifications can enter parliament as an MP, providing they are elected according to the rules. "

Those same rules would also rule out what you call..

"Crucially idiots and lunatics - ..."

Edited by Dromedary

5 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

You mean you're unable to answer the question  "What is to stop Parliament changing the rules to abolish all opposition parties?" 

eg. passing a statute

Edited by Longcol

19 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

No I did not. I said:

"No it does not as anyone over 18 regardless of education or qualifications can enter parliament as an MP, providing they are elected according to the rules. "

Those same rules would also rule out what you call..

"Crucially idiots and lunatics - ..."

Regardless of qualifications?

People qualified as idiots and lunatics are not allowed.

It's unclear if camels are allowed but I suspect not.