Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

9 hours ago, apelike said:

I agree but I think we will have to wait and see exactly how it unfolds especially with Spain as they are set to lose a great deal and by all accounts it could push them into a bit of a recession.

Ah, so you are meaning to try the 'Audi & Mercedes to the rescue' argument again, in respect of Spain?

Besides updating your information about Spain's view of reciprocal immigration arrangements with the UK, you might wish to update your information about Spain's economic recovery (leads the way in the €zone growth), and accessorily the low-latency but steady Brexodus of Spaniards back to Spain (which the recent incentivisation plan from Spanish government will be helping along, no doubt).

You're set to lose much more regardless. Besides Gib'.

13 hours ago, Pettytom said:

They aren’t the only ones. 

A disorderly Brexit is forecast to cost us up to 6% of GDP. A suggestion that you were reluctant to accept not so very long ago.

IIRC in the past I was trying to get you and others to understand that projected forecasts are just that, projected, and are not actual losses at the time and may not be true in the future. Once again...  a forecast is a prediction, ie guess, as to what may happen in the future and just like weather forecasts despite having data they may also be wrong. Something which you still want to cling to in your latest post by stating that the 6% of GDP it could cost us is actually a disorderly Brexit forecast! 

Just now, apelike said:

IIRC in the past I was trying to get you and others to understand that projected forecasts are just that, projected, and are not actual losses at the time and may not be true in the future. Once again...  a forecast is a prediction, ie guess, as to what may happen in the future and just like weather forecasts despite having data they may also be wrong. Something which you still want to cling to in your latest post by stating that the 6% of GDP it could cost us is actually a disorderly Brexit forecast! 

I’m clinging to nothing. The 6% gdp cut has been forecast by some rather good economists. I’ll take it as highly likely.

Whilst we wait for economic Armageddon, maybe you could have a peek at your post, to see whether it contains  a touch of hypocrisy.

19 hours ago, Longcol said:

Who are these "EU overlords" if not representatives of member states?

The UK's austerity is down to the Tories, not the EU. 

Is the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, representing her member state Germany or the EU?

Is the President of the Court of Justice, Koen Lenaerts, representing Belgium  or the EU?

Is the President of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagarde, representing France or the EU?

We need to Take Back Control and Get Brexit Done. 

Edited by Car Boot

27 minutes ago, Car Boot said:

Is the President of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, representing her member state Germany or the EU?

Is the President of the Court of Justice, Koen Lenaerts, representing Belgium  or the EU?

Is the President of the European Central Bank, Christine Lagarde, representing France or the EU?

We need to Take Back Control and Get Brexit Done. 

you need to take back control of your brain

3 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Whilst we wait for economic Armageddon, maybe you could have a peek at your post, to see whether it contains  a touch of hypocrisy.

I thought that according to Osborne the economic Armageddon should have already happened, now you see why forecasts can be wrong. And no, can't see any hypocrisy.... :)