Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Message added by Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

35 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

I wish we were part of bloc that had some clout where we can't be pushed around. Oh wait. 

You mean like France? Oh no, wait... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51192369

"France has agreed to delay collecting a new tax on multinational technology firms until the end of 2020, a French government official has told the BBC. The digital services tax has provoked an angry response from Washington. The US had threatened to impose retaliatory tariffs on $2.4bn (£1.8bn) of French goods, including champagne and cheese, after the tax was passed in July 2019" 

The terrestrial TV schedules make for interesting viewing on 31 January 2020.

BBC1, 11:05 pm Film: The Great Escape.

BBC2, 11:45 pm Film: Cry Freedom.

ITV1, 11:15 pm Film: Mission Impossible.

C4, 11:50 pm Film: Great Expectations.

Channel 5, 11:00 pm Film: Independence Day.

9 minutes ago, nightrider said:

It seems brexiteers are still moaning:

Now its that outside the EU we won't get a say on things that affect us - well what did they think was going to happen?

At the risk of contradicting myself that this thread should be closed, quote from today's 'i' newspaper. 

"Britain is definitely leaving the EU on 31 January.  There will DEFINITELY NOT BE ANY LAST MINUTE REPRIEVE." 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, nightrider said:

It seems brexiteers are still moaning:

Now its that outside the EU we won't get a say on things that affect us - well what did they think was going to happen?

Unchecked EU control? 

The fishing quotas for 2020 were set in December last year, when we were obviously still part of the EU. These quotas will cover the transition period. Beyond that it'll be  different kettle of fish.... I don't see the problem? 

Edited by Robin-H

14 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Unchecked EU control? 

The fishing quotas for 2020 were set in December last year, when we were obviously still part of the EU. These quotas will cover the transition period. Beyond that it'll be  different kettle of fish.... I don't see the problem? 

Well why is she moaning about it then? She chose to give up her place in the EU.

Besides, UKIP have never been interested in fishery policy anyway, just look at Farage's attendance record.